Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Type of cancer

Patti J
Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
Has anyone else been diagnosed  with pleomorphic invasive lobular carcinoma? I have been rereading the histology on my core biopsy.

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952

Hi @Patti J - I had invasive ductal but I found this on a government website - looks like its a subtype of ILC.

"However, it should be noted that in recent years several subtypes of LCIS, in addition to the ‘classic’ variety, have been identified: ‘pleomorphic LCIS’ (PLCIS; in which cells display marked nuclear pleomorphism similar to that seen in high grade DCIS), ‘classic LCIS with comedo-type necrosis’, and ‘florid/bulky LCIS’ (classic LCIS which distends the TDLU to form confluent masses"

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I haven't but I know they treat with both guns ablazing. It is often a difficult cancer to detect early. Remember  though diagnosis can be different  after final pathology as they are looking at a larger sample. My cancer was a different grade. 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    As @primek says, you won't get the full picture until your final path report.  I have ILC and my report after mastectomy (2nd op) showed a LCIS with pleomorphic tendencies.  However, I was Grade 2 and slow-growing.  The problem with ILC is that it grows sneakily so it's usually well-developed by the time it's found.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Thanks @primek, @Sister@Kiwi Angel. I hadn't previously noticed what the histology of my core biopsy was. 
    It certainly explains a few things for me. 
    It is a completely different carcinoma from my primary diagnosis which was DCIS.