Invitation to a free online information session

Options
2»

Comments

• donas
    donas Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Marianne. I thought it was a great presentation. Very informative and I would like to be able to watch again.
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Hi @Blondy, I've just realised that I didn't respond to your question. One of my hats at BCNA is health professional  engagement  and one of my longer term goals is to engage with GPs and connect them with our resources. I'll keep you updated! 
  • Harvey1903
    Harvey1903 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Saw it last night with husband.  It was really good.  I was impressed with the website Breconda they recommended.  Just completed the survey as to whether to reconstruct or not.  Has helped me make my decision.  Am armed with lots of info now for when I go to BS tomorrow.  (Only thing that would have been good was to be able to print out the results at the end in colour)  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I used the Breconda website too @Harvey1903, and found it very useful in clarifying my thoughts. It's a two thumbs up from me. K xox
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options

Marianne, thanks for your reply. 1st off the webcast was excellent and so informative. I did repeat my question last night, which was answered to a degree. 

The reason for my question was the experience of being told my diagnosis and then a blank stare from the doctor and nothing else. Nothing, zilch. 

It's always annoyed me and I wondered if I could make a difference so that others wouldn't have the same or a similar experience. 

The surgeon on the webcast brought up several good points that would have helped greatly had I known before I left the surgery. 

After seeing the webcast and the information it covered, it will be a blessing to newly diagnosed patients who have so many unanswered questions in those first few days.  But that would only happen if they know about it.

In a busy practise I can't see a GP looking up on the internet for information to help someone. Handing over a pamphlet with a pointer to the BCNA webcast and a few other relevant facts would be so helpful. 

I've found BCNA my one and only place to go to. 

Regards