Another Newbie with some questions

Options
2»

Comments

• duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    @kezmusic I’ve not heard of Ki67 either! Now, do I have the courage to ask my Oncologist what mine was? Maybe with only 6 chemo treatments left, I might leave it. 
  • arnlybub
    arnlybub Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Wow -  coincidence?? The Breast care nurse called me late this afternoon to book in to see me after my pre admission clinic next week! 

Re Ki67 I was told by my surgeon that values over 30% mean that many cells are dividing quickly. Also my PR is 95% = 3+ and the OR is 90% which is between 2+ and 3+. What do these actually mean?

Man, what a massively steep learning curve we go on at the start of this.

Thanks everyone x
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    The + in related means how much it reacts. ..so it is very positive progesterone. Yes the ki67 would  be reason for chemo suggested. They will recheck your pathology again after surgery as a larger sample. My tumor  grade was 2 on biopsy and 3 on the removal. They do suggest keeping tbe breast. But you can have future conversations after surgery if unhappy with the result or decision . You may need surgery on the other breast to rebalance after. But you may not. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Given you are ER+, PR+ and HER2-, at the end of your active treatment you'll probably be prescribed hormone therapy. If you're pre-menopausal it will be Tamoxifen, if you're post-menopausal it will be an aromatase inhibitor (AI). Your cancer loves estrogen & progesterone and these pills interfere with its supply in case any recurrences try to grow anywhere in your body. My breast surgeon said this was a good thing as these therapies are generally very effective.