Exercise Physiologists in Sydney

Options
2»

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    My husband suggested we should think about St Mary's Peak walk the other day (Flinders Ranges).  I've never been particularly keen on it in my fittest days as it's steep (and there's supposed to be a scary bit where I'm worried that I'd freeze).  
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Excellent walk!  We did that years ago and the last scary bit I sat it out and waited for hubby to return.  The scary bit from memory is fresh air beneath you as you go from one part of the track to the other and I couldn't cope with that - it's a huge walk back afterwards so yes you need to be fit to do it!  We took water and a sandwich and had about 20mins resting on a rock enjoying the view and the sanger before we headed back down again.
    Good luck if you do decide to do it!
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Hi @iserbrown - thanks so much for thinking of me - sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I've taken a bit of a hiatus from the exercise physiology path. I had my 2nd round of AC chemo last Tuesday and believe it or not, I still have that viral cold that I landed me in hospital with febrile neutropenia after round 1. It's really never gone away but I was really feeling totally fine on the day I was due for round 2, and my neutrophils were way back up to a wonderful level so I had the treatment. Today is Day 6 and I'm still coughing and spluttering away - although no fever at the moment and hoping it will stay that way. I'm a bit terrified about it turning into phenumonia. I'm going to 'file' all this great exercise info away for a while and will definitely go down this track as soon as I'm ready! 
  • iserbrown
    Options
    You're welcome!  
    Wise move don't attempt the exercise path until you feel much better - you will then cope with it better and feel the benefits.  As to coughing and spluttering unfortunately it is what it is but listen to your body, rest where you can and hopefully your number of days with a cold may reduce.  Last year I had 3 bad colds and one of them lasted near on 8 weeks, less than impressed however it reminded me that my immune system was not as strong as I thought it may have been and it is so easy to pick up germs without trying.  Hand rails, shopping trolleys, walking past someone who decides to sneeze without covering up and so it goes...………….
    Take care
  • Eastmum
    Options
    @iserbrown - I'm just so sick of myself! Never thought I'd be the type to feel so despondent - I'm usually the trooper! Team Chirpy that's me! But right now I'm just teary and feeling sorry for myself and I can't stand it! I need to pick myself up, dust myself off and thank my lucky starts that I have so many blessings (as well as a mouth full of ulcers, and a side table piled with snotty tissues! LOL).

• iserbrown
    Options

BCNA Helpline 1800 500 258

If you have any questions, concerns or require any further information
    or support please call 1800 500 258.  The Helpline is open Monday,
    Wednesday and Friday from 9 am till 5 pm EST and Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am
    till 9 pm EST.

Maybe a call to the Helpline for some coping mechanisms may help - they are nurses and willing to help and understand it totally

It's alright to be feeling sorry for yourself and a little teary as long as you don't stay in that mode for too long.  Come on here and rant and sook as there is no judgment and there's always someone on here to help you through and hopefully make you laugh

Take care, it does get better!

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Eastmum Bloody chemo just wears you down emotionally as well as physically.  I feel like I have a little rain cloud travelling around with me these last few weeks.  Look after yourself.
  • Eastmum
    Options
    Thanks @iserbrown - I ALWAYS feel so much better hanging out on these forums - that'll teach me to be away for so long! :)
  • Eastmum
    Options
    thanks @Sister - If I can get through the next 48 hours, still coughing, but escaping a fever - I'll be tempted to do cartwheels! Watch this space!