What BCNA allows me to achieve

Options
Leonie Moore
Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
edited September 2011 in Day to day

Hi all,  On Thursday morning I attended the local "Footy's Hidden Heros" function at the local Nissan dealership from 6am (yes I was up with flying colours - ONLY PINK).  I got to speak on the radio about how wonderful BCNA is and the resources and empowerment it offers women going through this journey.  Lots of photos, lots of contacts, lots of networking.  Terry Gordon (another Community Liasion Officer from this area and my dear friend) both attended.  Our photo was in the local newspaper yesterday along with an article of the theme.  Apparently we are in again today - yet to see the paper.  I have had feedback from the radio chat that I came across very well.  I just love doing this kind of work and being associated with BCNA. What a thrill to have BCNA balloons, pink ladies etc displayed around the Nissan dealership.  I just thoroughly enjoy being able to speak with others about my experiences with bc and offer support and guidance to "head" them to the BCNA site. So proud to be part of BCNA. XLeonie

Comments

• Dancing with Ned 2002
    Dancing with Ned 2002 Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Excellent news Leonie...and what a great initiative to recognise those women behind the footy games:) sounds like you did a great job getting the BCNA message out there and that's what it's all about.

Sharon

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie

Well Done!  Sounds like you did a great job and that you loved it too.  Keep up the great work and keep enjoying it.  You are a wonderful person supporting our cause.

Ann-Marie xx

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Leonie

Well Done!  Sounds like you did a great job and that you loved it too.  Keep up the great work and keep enjoying it.  You are a wonderful person supporting our cause.

Ann-Marie xx

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathy,  Next time you are up here we will have to meet up.  We went to Tassie a couple of years ago and need to go back to see more.  XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Amy.  How are you doing?  Did I see a blog that said you were batttling depression?  I hope you are on the way to getting some help. Let me know. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Amy.  How are you doing?  Did I see a blog that said you were batttling depression?  I hope you are on the way to getting some help. Let me know. XLeonie

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes,finally into our new house last week and our furniture out of storage.Lots of projects to complete such as fences,landscape,fly screens etc etc.Will have to buy more furniture.But it's great having the free time to do it all and not have to go to work.Like you Leonie I'm hobbling around with all my aches and pains-thank goodness for panadol and pain away cream! My outdoor spa got delivered yesterday but won't be installed till paving done. I'm expecting miracles from that spa!! Hope you have a great weekend.You may as well enjoy yourself and padlle cos you'd have aches and pains anyway if you stayed at home.It's just that they'll probably be abit worse after paddling.Have an Epsom salts warm bath Sunday night.

Tonya xx