Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

New to sharing

Options
Kattykit
Kattykit Member Posts: 252
edited April 2018 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi all, first timer here I was first diagnosed May 2013, 6 rounds of chemo, 30 radiation treatments, then Tamoxifen til 31st Oct 2017 when my world fell apart, bone , lung, and a few other places mets, nail inserted on 24th Nov, lucky to get a place on the ribociclib compassionate access program, combined with letrizole and denusomab, mixed results so far. I am still trying to get my head around this. I am so tired most days and pain is my new normal. Anyhow, just wanted to say hi, I  usually keep pretty much to myself but it's good to know I'm not alone.

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi @KattyKit. I am sorry you have found yourself here, but having said that, it's a wonderfully supportive, warm and helpful place to be.

You are having a mo fo of a tough time but you are definitely not alone. There are lots of women here who are experiencing the same as you, and even thriving from what I gather. Keep sharing, and hang in there. Big hugs. K xox
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Big hugs and welcome @Kattykit xoxoxo
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Welcome @Kattykit, and wishing you all the best. This disease totally sucks.
    XO
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Welcome @kattykit.  Share away whenever you need to.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Hi Kattykit, 

Do you have a hopes and hurdles kit ? https://www.bcna.org.au/resource/kits/hope-hurdles/ 
    feel happy to vent with us ask for support and share and read the posts .... Yes unfortunately we are not alone..... but this forum is a great supportive environment for anyone going through BC 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Kattykit
    Thank you for your post and for sharing your experience.
    As mentioned by our members, you will find this forum a supportive and safe place to connect with others.
    Dont hesitate to call our helpline on 1800 500 258 if you would like to speak with one of the nurses for information or support.  Take care 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Kattykit

Welcome to the forum!  There's wonderful resources within the BCNA website that you may find help, as well as groups to join within the forum and this open forum that we are currently nattering on!  Hopefully you'll find comfort here knowing that we're all in the thick of it!, we get it!

As you start to explore one that I hope you maybe able to take advantage of is the Otis Foundation - if you use the search bar at the top of this page and put in the words Otis Foundation you will find stories that some of us have put up about our wonderful free break this Foundation offers

https://www.bcna.org.au/services-and-support-groups/services/the-otis-foundation/

Take care
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Wow that is beautiful what an amazing escape!
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Amazing view. Wish I was there right now.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Kattykit, Hi and hugs and best wishes to you from jennyss in Western NSW
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Dear @Kattykit-like the others welcome! Sounds like you have much we can all gain from your journey. Best wishes
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    What a lovely escape to have
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi there @Kattykit , welcome and big hugs to you. Xxxxx
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @Kattykit - despite all your pain and suffering you look great in that photo btw - a fighter.