FINALLY GOT TO HOLD THE TWINS

Options
FranP
FranP Member Posts: 396
edited September 2011 in Day to day

I finally got to see and hol;d the twins, they are adorable but a handful for their poor parents as they have a 2 yr old Max as well and boy is he pushing their buttons at the moment. 

we went down to melb for Dads day and caught up, Leyla is now 7lb 11oz and jade is 6lb 13oz but both are breastfeeding well and slowly gaining weight. they are home and one month old now, unreal, 

helped cheer me up anyway, as been bit flat the last month and a bit what with loosing two friends and having pneumonia. 

anyhow a new beginning, we now have 11 grand kids , and as i said the kids have tv go figure ha ha ha . helps being a second marriage and six kids between us. 

hope you are all keeping well and like the picture , cheers me up .makes me smile.

Comments

• Samantha Cunnington
    Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Fran...so glad u have been cheered up by those beautiful new babies :)

As a mum of twins (plus an older one) the only advice we can give is to do everyhing at the same time-feed them together, bath together, sleep together-a good routine makes a calmer home-seems to have worked really well here. If possible have mum/dad make 1 or 2 days or 1/2 days a week where its just the toddler and them having some quality time-its a bit easy for them to feel a bit forgotten in the busy-ness that is having TWO new babies in the house..there, thats our 2 bobs worth :)

Hope u get over the pneumonia soon....not much fun at all

take care..love to you

sam  xxx

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

yeah shane and sherron are trying to do that , and shane is bringing max up to visit with him for the weekend to have daddy and max time. he is pushing a few buttons at the moment and it's usually when sherron is breast feeding. she is just getting into a routine of how to humour one while the other is feeding as she does one at a time. found two at once to hard. but she is getting into contact with multiple birth group for ideas. 

thought she might express and bottle one while boobing the otherthen swap next feed??

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a wonderful picture of you and the babies Fran - I bet it was just so precious holding them.

Much love,

Amanda xx

• Collinbee
    Collinbee Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lovely to see you with the twins in the photo. Busy time ahead for all!

Sorry to hear that you havent been the best. Hope you are over the bad patch by now.

I have my 14th Herceptin next week with only 3 treatments to go after this so counting them off now. Will be pleased to get my life back to normal again or will it ever be "normal" again, As it is 12 months since my diagnosis have had my mannogram and U/s and to surgeon and radiation oncoogist this week for reveiws. Pleased that all was OK

All the best

June

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi fran, lovely picture of the twins and yourself !

I am sorry you had the recent loss of  two friends with BC.

It's ok to be down, and to express it.  A helping hand  is something we all need from time to time. Glad you felt a little better after your trip, and after getting over having pneumonia. 

Nice to have a trip away  to see the family.

Cheers, Kathy.

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

it was great to see the twins, and family , 

june i hope all results are good for you manda and sam hope all is going well with you two.

Kathy yes was awful to loose the friends but i am moving on and will work in their honor also. stay well friends.

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

it was great to see the twins, and family , 

june i hope all results are good for you manda and sam hope all is going well with you two.

Kathy yes was awful to loose the friends but i am moving on and will work in their honor also. stay well friends.

• Maria333
    Maria333 Member Posts: 191
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just a beautiful photo Fran - love it.

How wonderful for you to be able to be there and hold the twins.

All the best.

Maria333

• Maria333
    Maria333 Member Posts: 191
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just a beautiful photo Fran - love it.

How wonderful for you to be able to be there and hold the twins.

All the best.

Maria333