What to do with my hair 5 months after chemo? Hair dyes?

Options

Comments

• duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Thank you!@kmakm  It’s great to have one course crossed off! Taxol next. Then 30 doses of radiation coming my way. A long way to go, but I’m getting there!  Best wishes for your recovery! Well done, you!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @duxx1234 Thank you! Isn't it wonderful how we can all support each other here?! 27 days until the big op, and then 7 years of Anastrozole. It sure is a long haul.
  • viking1
    viking1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    @jennyss Mine is similar to yours except seems to want to be a mohawk! I was dark brown but now salt and pepper. I may play around with semi perm colours later eg teal or pink for fun or silver ... but I'm not going back to permanent colours. I will save the upkeep for an overseas holiday and let my hair do it's own crazy thing!
  • kmakm
    Options
    Goodness @lmc1310, you look so well and happy! Beautiful and inspirational. Thank you for sharing such a great photo.
  • duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning and a picture of health!@Lmc1310
    Well done you! x
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Lmc1310, you look beautiful! I am getting my hair cut today. I look like a toilet brush at the moment! Best wishes from jennyss
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Lmc1310 and @jennyss u look gorgeous!!
  • Lmc1310
    Lmc1310 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    Thank you for lovely comments. I am hoping to show there is a light at the end of every tunnel 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @duxx1234 and @Lmc1310 and all dealing with new hair and hair dye: So I had my hair cut on April 10th; a no 6 with hair clippers. I had posted a picture of my curls on April 3rd, but now the curls are all gone; just grown out with new straight hair underneath. Now I have a mohawk, as a strip of hair down the middle is growing twice as fast as the rest! A ten year old friend of the family said admiringly that my hair looks like TinTin! Just have to laugh!  
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options

Lmc1310 said:

Here I am after lumptectomy, 1/11 nodes, a /c, taxol, radio, herceptin and about three months so far of arimidex. Port out last Wednesday, such a good feeling, but ouch!!!  Have had three haircuts since taxol stopped last July. I am super happy and staying grey as pre diagnosis, (back in Nov. 2016), I was wondering how in the heck I would be able to grow the dye out! Best wishes and hugs to you all. Xo

This is the haircut I want - as soon as the top gets longer, I'll be using your visage to show my hairdresser. I hope you don't mind.
  • Janny54
    Janny54 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    I so wanted curly hair when it grew back. But nope as straight as what it was before
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Janny54 Mine's growing back now and I desperately want it to curl! The ones on top are bending over. I'm waiting to see if it's gravity or beginning of a curl. Please please please the latter!