Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Perjeta itchies again

Options
Jenny K
Jenny K Member Posts: 21
edited March 2018 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hi all, I am on the perjeta / Herceptin ride (4th year) and I've found the side effect referred to as the perjeta itch most trying. the worst thing about it is because my nails are very soft and thin when I do itch at night when sleeping I've track marks where I've scratched myself silly. So to the point of this post--
I was watching a gardening show a few months back on the ABC. and a fellow was spruking a home made recipe for relief from insect bites and itchy rashes. So what do I have to loose. Thought I would try first before putting it out there.
Recipe for relief
In a medium size glass jar fill to about a third with Epson salts and pour in Metho to fill jar mix together and liquid becomes cloudy then put in fridge. Giving a good stir when itchiest happen use a small brush and paint on area. I've had a jar in the fridge for over two months its wonderfully cold and seems to work well I've had to resist scratching for a few mins. Hope this helps some of you. lv to all
Tagged:

Comments

• Coffee
    Coffee Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I am going to try this today, thank you. I have tried everything I can possible think of to ask for, nothing has worked.

• Jenny K
    Options
    Hi Coffee, Hope it can give you some relief. On my worst days taking a claratyne tab for an extra boots helps. The Epsom salts does not desolve completely,it's the cloudy solution that gets painted on. I've found that the itch comes and stays for quite a few weeks and then leaves.  Only to reappear a couple of months on. How long have you been on this treatment. Cheers Jenny 
  • Coffee
    Coffee Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Jenny, I have been on the H&P for 2 and a half years, found the itch the worst, its there most days. Claratin doesnt touch it, I too scratch myself in my sleep til I bleed, only on one arm and my neck???
  • JenoB
    JenoB Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Jenny. Will have to try this one out. 
  • Jenny K
    Options
    Hi girls hope the itch is abating I had a run after my last treatment. I find I can cope during the day but nights seem to be the worst.  A nice very cold slap on with this solution feels great and seems to lesson the itch so I can sleep.  Don't know what I will do when winters here. Cheers Jenny