Lat dorsi flap

Options
Case__C
Case__C Member Posts: 2
Hi, 
I am currently meeting with a few different surgeons to discuss my reconstruction options. I was diagnosed in November 2016 and have had a right mastectomy, chemotherapy and radiation. 
The surgeons have discussed the possibility of having the Lat dorsi Flap surgery and I was just wondering if anyone has had this surgery at all? 
I am 28 years old and have a nearly 2 year old.. I don't want to be restricted in anyway in the future as I also enjoy water skiing and they gym.
If anyone has any experiences or have had this done I would love to hear from you! 
Thanks so much! 
Casey xoxox 
Tagged:

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi @Case__C. I suggest you join the Choosing Breast Reconstruction group. There's a whole section there covering this surgery, with photos. I'm coming up on a DIEP and I'm finding this group really useful, informative and welcoming!
  • Case__C
    Case__C Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thankyou! I'm new to this website so will try and join that group Thanks! 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @Case__C Welcome  :)
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Case__C
    here is the link to take you to the reconstruction group once there click on the JOIN button on the right hand side and one of the Admins of the group will add you. 
    http//onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/1-choosing-breast-reconstruction
  • BRFacilitator
    BRFacilitator Member Posts: 236
    Options
    Hi @Case__C, you should now be joined up to the group. As @kmakm mentioned, there are quite a few members who have had Lat Dorsi reconstructions and their photo stories are featured.

It's good that you are seeing a few different surgeons to get their opinions about the options available to you as sometimes some surgeons will only offer particular procedures, which can be limiting. Our members have had a wide variety of reconstructions, so hopefully their stories and advice will help you feel confident in navigating your way through the reconstruction maze!

See you in the group :)   Best wishes, Jane xx