New look

Options

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @LisaJanelle Check out this wig if your cold cap is unsuccessful. 
  • annsan
    annsan Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi @Crusty I just love your wig.  If you don't mind me saying, your eyebrows look great too.  Can I ask if you had them tattooed or are you a whizz with a brow pencil?  I am starting chemo shortly and my GP suggested I tattoo my eyebrows (they are pretty sparse at the best of times) but when I checked the prices it costs over $600 which is out of my league.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @Crusty Wow that’s a beautiful wig!  But I think you rock it bald too. I couldn’t find any decent wigs that didn’t cost a fortune and the ones from the wig clinic at the hospital all made me look like Justin bloody Bieber lol. And I found them too not and bothersome so I just got around in my bandanas. But honestly i think it you look beautiful either way. Margie xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Not sure if there is a wig clinic/library in Adelaide.  I may just have to rock the bananas.  But you look good with and without, @Crusty
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Hi @annsan I have very sparse brows and found Modelco More Brows brush on fibre gel from Woolies around $15 a good temporary solution and much more natural than an eyebrow pencil. Just a thought.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @Sister there is a wig clinic at FMC.
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Options
    Dear@sister the following link also provides details of a wig service in Adelaide
    https://www.bcna.org.au/services-and-support-groups/services/bonnie-wigs/

• Crusty
    Crusty Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi @annsan i fill in my eyebrows with a pencil and the  fibre gel and an eyebrow wax  works quite well, i bought my wig using zippay at wigoutlet online that i can pay it off 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Crusty
    Crusty Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Check out some wigs and makeup tips on youtube lots of chemo patients with tips and tricks on there i do before i purchase something and. Don't forget priceline has beauty clinics.
    I still can't figure out eyelashes though and i haven't got many left i just wish they'd stop falling in my eyeballs
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    OMG Bonnie's Wigs have been around for ever - didn't know they were still there!  I'll check out FMC, too @Romla
  • annsan
    Options
    Thank you @Romla @Crusty for the very useful make up tips, even whilst I still have eyebrows.  Hi @Joannie  the breast cancer nurse mentioned Look Good, Feel Better to me when I saw my Oncologist today.  She mentioned that they give you make-up too.  I am glad you found it helpful and you have encouraged me to attend a session too.  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @annsan I did a Look Good Feel Better workshop. It was nice. Good make-up freebies!
  • annsan
    Options
    Excellent kmakm.  Did you do before, after or during chemotherapy?