First real walk since first AC

Options
Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
edited February 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Just got back from my first REAL walk since chemo 11 days ago. 5km, glorious colours in the sky and lots of roos  to keep me company.  Feeling so much better than a couple of days ago.
Tagged:

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Good on you @sister ! Once you get going it isn't too bad,  it's the little things, like heading aout for a walk, that keep you going. Tiny bits of normal. Marg xx
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Options
    That's the way @Sister well done. I bet you feel a great sense of achievement today. Great work xxxxxx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    It is good to get back out into the real world isn’t love. I walked every day during AC and taxol and helped me heaps. Keep it up love if you can. We used to watch the sunset on the beach at Glenelg. ....oh the memories. Big jugs. Margie. Xxx 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Lol @onemargie ..big jugs! 

Walk when you can, rest when you need. So glad you are feeling like yourself again. 
  • Sister
    Options
    I never had big jugs before @onemargie - certainly haven't now!  (but I'll always take a hug)
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Way to go @Sister
  • onemargie
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @primek and @Sister Oh bloody hell!!! I meant hugs of course lol!!  And I don’t have big jugs.... pending lol ❤️,!! OMG that Better not be my new nick name you buggers. “Big jugs Margie” lol. Considering I have none that’s  quite hilarious hey!!  Xx 
  • primek
    Options
    @onemargie maybe just on your mind. Haha
  • onemargie
    Options
    Maybe @primek lol... or my big sausage fingers don’t navigate the iPad very good sometimes either. Xx
  • primek
    Options
    @onemargie ...same with me...and I'm just using my phone. If I clean my screen more often it seems better. Lol. 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Sister , walking means a lot for me too. I did not manage to walk more than 100 yards during chemo, but gradually built up after that. I have a lovely hill behind my house. Twenty minutes up and back - try and push myself going up, then stroll back down. I am an early morning person too, and it has been so hot here this summer. Here is my sunrise  shot from this morning as I stepped out. I have also started going to yoga once a week. It is very hard work, I can't do all the poses properly, but I still enjoy it. Best wishes for the rest of your chemo from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Sister
    Options
    What a gorgeous sunrise!  Being in a gully, we don't get the full effect of sunrise or sunset.
  • Spillsy
    Spillsy Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Way to go.
  • Sister
    Options
    It was still fully dark when I went out this morning - magic sky.  Full of stars with just the wispiest streaks of cloud.