Hi all

Options
Leonie Moore
Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
edited August 2011 in General discussion

Hope everyone is as well as can be.  We have lovely sunshine here today after a couple of days of rain.  Everything looks nice and clean again.  And the weeds will be soft - not today though.  Today I am sad - thought I wouldn't cry but I did LOTS.  Our beautiful old German Shepherd dog left us today.  He got an extra 8 months more than the vet thought he would.  I always said that he would stay around until my chemo finished so I should be happy for the extra time.  He was such a dignfied dog in life - wouldn't chase a ball (too boring) He had been training for Police work when we got him 10 years ago so he was smart.  He died very peacefully and with much dignity - no howling or fussing.  Now I will have to be the watchdog around here.  (No more animals - I love them too much). XLeonie

Comments

• Samantha Cunnington
    Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2015
    Options

i know too well the love of having a shepherd..many years ago now i had a beautiful girl (father purebred longhair/mother boxer-shepherd cross) she had such a gorgeous nature, a real puppy till the last couple of year (she was 12 when she died) It can be so hard to have to say goodbye but celebrate all the wonderful years you have already enjoyed together.

Take care

Sam :)  xx

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Sam.  You are a little gem yourself.  XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have been busy today - went into work to receive my long service award.  No-one recognised me in my wig (didn't want to wear a hat and look like a cancer patient - too hard explaining to work people)  Whilst I was out and had the wig on I decided it was the appropriate time to get my passport photos done.  So I have been busy.  BUT I did notice the pet shop!!!!  My husband says no more pets but he is going to be so lonely on his day off on Sunday without "Zac" by his side and I will be away as well.  There is a glimmer of hope though - he said that we can have a small house dog when we have finished travelling.  I will get two dogs then so they won't be lonely.  So that's worth waiting for.  Thank you for your kind words.  They mean a lot to me.  XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Daina,  We all could learn from animals - especially dogs.  I have always said that we will all "find out how smart they are" when we go to the "other world".  Look out all those "ferals" who are cruel to animals. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Daina,  We all could learn from animals - especially dogs.  I have always said that we will all "find out how smart they are" when we go to the "other world".  Look out all those "ferals" who are cruel to animals. XLeonie

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi leonie,

sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. i have a cat now, but i had a border collie cross for 5 years once, before children.  i love their warm, snuggly bodies. they are a responsibility too and cost money, but they give back unconditionally and do not bear grudges,plus great companions to many people.

dogs need walking too, which can help us to keep active perhaps.

well all the best, kathy.

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

;( so sad Leonie......they are so much a part of the family and give you such a lot of joy.  Hope you are ok?

Louise x

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

We are waiting for Zac's ashes to "come home".  The lady at the kennels where the cremation happens is such a wonderful soul.  She has had cancer as well so knows the "meaning of life".  She told me to expect "funny things" to happen when the ashes come back.  My husband is going to keep them on his bar.  Hope no-one gets hungry and thinks there are peanuts in the box!!!   XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

We are waiting for Zac's ashes to "come home".  The lady at the kennels where the cremation happens is such a wonderful soul.  She has had cancer as well so knows the "meaning of life".  She told me to expect "funny things" to happen when the ashes come back.  My husband is going to keep them on his bar.  Hope no-one gets hungry and thinks there are peanuts in the box!!!   XLeonie