Comments

• Shorelle
    Shorelle Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Thank you so much. Xxxxxx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I'm glad you have the appointment so you will know either way. Most likely all is good...but you will send yourself insane until you know. Let us know how it goes. Kath x
  • DearB
    DearB Member Posts: 205
    Options
    @shorelle all the best with getting it checked out I have my fingers crossed for you.  
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Rosie_BCNA Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi @Shorelle I'm just checking in to see how you went with your appointment yesterday? I've been thinking of you and left a message on your phone to check. I am available on the Helpline until 9pm (Melbourne time) if you would like to talk.
    Best wishes and hugs from me too 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    me too @Shorelle
    wondering how you have gone with your appointment.... 

• Shorelle
    Shorelle Member Posts: 80
    Options
    I went to my app and dr thinks its just asthma or sinus so no xray. Im still concerned but trying to forget about it for now. He recommended a counselor  (surprise surprise). Xxxxxx
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    Good news, @Shorelle
    You are not the only person who immediately thinks of the bad possibilities when things seem to be not right.
    Have a chat to someone and hopefully your mind will settle.   <3
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    edited January 2018
    Options
    HI shorelle when I was about 2 years out from diagnosis, I was very withdrawn and began seeing a psychologist under a mental health plan (anyone who has had cancer is eligible for one) ... I have to say it has been such a wonderful experience ... we don't just talk cancer and my fears we discuss everyday stuff also she helps me to manage my anxiety about my boys with autism and what if I have recurrence.... (I am divorced they have no contact with their dad as we left domestic violence a long time ago) 

As mothers we often struggle with the what ifs.... Its okay  to say I need help with my thoughts and fears... sometimes it is much easier to do that with a counsellor or psychologist than with those closest to us. 

Do you have any local support groups for Breast Cancer ? I found that also helped me to realise that there are lots of ladies who go on to survive BC for many years to come.... I have a lunch this week for a lady who is having her 40th anniversary since diagnosis, she's had no recurrence in all that time isn't that awesome. 

Hugs 
    soldiercrab