Is that right? Did you really say that?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited February 2018 in Day to day
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    All of them! Also:

“I thought my life was bad, but look at your situation!”

”My prognosis is not as bad as yours.”
    The comments about knowing people who had died were common. The chemo one cropped up a lot. 

A nurse who on my first day of chemo told me that because I had to reschedule due to cold caps “We are very busy and you are holding us up from getting home.”

Mostly people mean well. I’ve learned to tune out. These days people don’t even ask how I’m doing. I prefer that. 

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    "I can tell whoever I want" (when they know you are trying to keep it private)
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Best one I've had so far was the nurse in the holding area before I was wheeled into theatre telling me that one of her colleagues had BC and recently died.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I should say that every other staff member at the hospital was great and very sensitive.  (I had the same nurse before theatre the second time round and this time she didn't say anything.)  I have to say that my disbelief in what I was hearing distracted me from the panic I was feeling at the time. :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and one of his colleagues told him he eats like a crab. :(
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Lol, some of the shit people say. I had a neighbor  say to me when i was just diagnosed  ( it could've spread all through you lovey). This was before i had any scans to see if it had or hadn't. 
    I also went to pick something up on Gumtree and when the guy opened the door the first thing he said was "what happened to your hair". Lol i said chemo happened. Really sometimes i LMFAO at the stupidity of some people.