BCNA summit

Options
Pink Linda
Pink Linda Member Posts: 17
edited August 2011 in Day to day

I was lucky enough to be nominated by one of my support groups to attend last weeks BCNA summit. I had never been to one before and was more than a little over-awed on day 1.

By day 2, I was more at ease and met some amazing women and guest speakers. I learnt an enormous amount, I laughed, sang,cried, created and danced!

What an amazing organisation BCNA is-it will be very sad to see Lyn Swinbyrne leave. I can't wait to report back to everyone.

On a different note; today is the 5 year anniversary of my operation to remove you know what! Don't know how to feel really;sad, glad or mad? In November I am hiring a Pink Limo, to celebrate the end of treatment and it will be party time for sure!!

Comments

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Linda

I was at the Summitt too!  How great was it this year????

Congratulations on 5 years.  Its OK to be all of those things...sad, glad and mad, but you should also be proud.  Proud of the courageous woman that you have become.  You were nominated by your peers to represent them and you had a great time?

There is no right way on how you should feel, but you are allowed and should feel lots of emotions, so whilst you may be sad, I am sure there is lots of things you would not have experienced if you did not have Breast Cancer???  How many girlfriends do you know that hire a limo on their birthday?  Enjoy your birthday in November.

xxxx