Viewing posts by subject

Options
Carmie
Carmie Member Posts: 2
edited October 2010 in General discussion

Dear helpers

I am new to this forum and still finding my way around.  My interest is Lymphoedema - and I'm wondering whether it's possible to view posts by subject - rather than have to join a group?  I regularly log onto a UK site where you post blogs according to topic.  I like this because it enables people to share information without geographical restraint.  I can't seem to work out how to do this on this site.

Help!

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good question! There are a couple of ways you can view posts by topic:

- you can click on a tag (like the 'question' one you added to your post), and you'll see a list of every post that uses that tag.

- you can type 'Lymphoedema' into the search field at the top of any page above the main navigation. The results page will show (in grey text on the right hand side) whether each listing is a web page, a blog post, or a group.

- you can also go to the 'find groups' page and type Lymphoedema into the keywords field. That will show you the groups that list Lymphoedema anywhere in their group information and you can browse whatever posts they have that are public.

The network is still very new, so you may not find many posts on particular topics yet -- you could always post something on your own blog and ask if there are others here who are interested to connect on the same subject (or you can post a bit about yourself on the 'get connected' post in this group and mention your interest).

Because this is more of a social network that facilitates connections between members, rather than a topic-based forum, there isn't a topic-based bulletin or message board you can visit, though.
  • Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good question! There are a couple of ways you can view posts by topic:

- you can click on a tag (like the 'question' one you added to your post), and you'll see a list of every post that uses that tag.

- you can type 'Lymphoedema' into the search field at the top of any page above the main navigation. The results page will show (in grey text on the right hand side) whether each listing is a web page, a blog post, or a group.

- you can also go to the 'find groups' page and type Lymphoedema into the keywords field. That will show you the groups that list Lymphoedema anywhere in their group information and you can browse whatever posts they have that are public.

The network is still very new, so you may not find many posts on particular topics yet -- you could always post something on your own blog and ask if there are others here who are interested to connect on the same subject (or you can post a bit about yourself on the 'get connected' post in this group and mention your interest).

Because this is more of a social network that facilitates connections between members, rather than a topic-based forum, there isn't a topic-based bulletin or message board you can visit, though.
  • Carmie
    Carmie Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Di - thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to add Lymphoedema as a criteria in the 'Breast Cancer - related interests' section in the My Profile section, and to add 'Breast Cancer - related interests' as a search criteria for Finding members - then those of us with Lymphoedema who would like to share experiences, can both select this in our own profile and enter it as a criteria when finding other members.

What do you think?

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Carmie, I think it's a good idea. :) I'll add it to the list of suggestions because we will be looking at 'interests' as part of the wider review we have planned. Because that won't happen until later in the year, in the meanwhile try adding 'lymphoedema' as something you're interested in to the 'my story' section of your profile. That should at least make it easier for others to find you.