Weight gain

Options
2»

Comments

• HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    Options
    It does sound like the steroids make you gain.  For me I lost weight while on the 2nd half of chemo (Docs & hercepton) and continued to lose it on just hercepton, even though I was eating like 2 horses all the way through.  (I have never eaten so much in my life).  As soon as hercepton ceased I gained all the weight back on very quickly.  I am now exactly what I was before treatment.  My Onc still tells me it was not the hercepton though, and I really don't want to have to back on it to prove my theory correct.
  • LMW
    LMW Member Posts: 32
    Options
    No HIT I wouldn’t want you to have to go back on it either. How long ago did you finish your treatment? I’ve got 2 more weeklys then my chemo is finished yayyyy then I’ve got 6 weeks of radiotherapy then I’m done
  • HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    Options
    Oh go you, you get so sick of chemo ...  oh ha ha ... the radio is a bit of a pain being every day, but goes quickly.  Your in Falcon, can you do radio in Mandurah?  I was Diagnosed in Nov 13 - finished treatment in April 15.  Got my onc/surgeon check up / mammo / us in couple of weeks - 4 years.  Think its the last surgeon visit and just 3 more onc visits (fingers/toes crossed)
  • LMW
    LMW Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Go me no go you!!!!! 4 years I loveeeeeeee hearing stories like yours. Gives me lots of hope. I’ve done my chemo at Hollywood with Arlene Chan and my radiotherapy is at Genesis care in Subi so we will stay up in Perth a couple of nights each week. It’s too far to drive each day. Fingers and toes crossed for your November visit