Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Newly diagnosed bone & liver mets

Options
2»

Comments

• Southgirl
    Southgirl Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi Etta - even though you are filled with fear and uncertainty at the moment, try to keep an open mind until you see the oncologist and talk about treatment options. In many cases Metastatic Breast Cancer can be 'managed' for quite a while. My first breast cancer was 2005, and I was diagnosed with bone and lung mets in 2016 - I think the scariest time was the time between the mets diagnosis and seeing the oncologist. Have you ordered a Hope and Hurdles kit from BCNA? It has lots of helpful information - you can order it online or by phone. Thinking of you xx
  • Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Etta, it isn't surprising that you feel overwhelmed - it takes time to adjust to the reality of living with metastatic breast cancer. Treatment decisions should be yours only, but try to inform yourself of your options.
    I was diagnosed with bone and liver mets 5 1/2 years ago. I had chemo and hated it with a passion, but after 6 months my liver mets had shrunk to almost immeasurable and I have continued stable since on Tamoxifen and Herceptin. Very few side-effects. We live with uncertainty, but try to retain hope.
    Best wishes..... Pam