ready, steady ....

Options
Jooleewoolee
Jooleewoolee Member Posts: 24
edited August 2011 in Day to day

On the eve of bidding my DDs adieau, I find myself feeling a gamut of emotions; anxious to get the ball rolling, fear of pain, worry of not being able to reach my hair for boofing, concern for how Ian & Haidee will bare the weight of my illness… the list goes on.

But I’m simultaneously & thankfully aware that the volume of my blessings far exceed my fears: 

o  Mastectomy intends to remove the cancer totally from my body ~ after the chemo & tamoxifan I should be cancer-free!

o  double mastectomy means symmetry:)

o  combined surgery (mastectomy + reconstruction) is a miracle! (hate the thought of waiting for reconstruction down the path...)

o  reconstruction means I may be able to reduce my bust size :)

o  chemo means loosing hair EVERYWHERE, but rumour has it (ok, I’m optimistic here) when it grows back it'll be thicker!! (yay)

o  having cancer is a catalyst for family & friends to show how much they love you & how much you love them!

o  Ian gets time off work :)

o  I get to do lots of talking J and very few people actually zone out!

o  I am humbled & uplifted to meet some very special women who are gracious & generous enough to share their Breast Cancer experience with me on a very personal level.

o  Cancer has presented me with the luxury of conscious choice: selecting paths to avoid or to embrace, the choice is mine.

Writing these blessings down helps me to focus on the positive aspects of this whole experience.  By writing them down on the eve of my first hospital visit, it’s helping me clarify my emotions.  I feel calmer & ok about going in tomorrow.  My cup (no pun intended) remains perpetually half-full, despite the glass wobbling & its contents sloshing about ~ I have so much to be grateful for, it makes me teary.

Here endeth the lesson.

Comments

• Cheryl D
    Cheryl D Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Julie,

great attitude and all the love to you and yours on this journey,

regards, Cheryl

• Cheryl D
    Cheryl D Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Julie,

great attitude and all the love to you and yours on this journey,

regards, Cheryl

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Best wishes to you, Julie, and positive vibes that all goes well. :)

~Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Best wishes to you, Julie, and positive vibes that all goes well. :)

~Di

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julie

You have such a great attitude.  I have just finished my last chemo and am feeling a little anxious and uncertain.  After whinging in my blog I read your blessings and felt somewhat uplifted.  

Best wishes to you for your surgery and recovery.

Take care

Ann-Marie xx