What to do!

Options
2»

Comments

• Piccme
    Piccme Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi @Hendrix, I am so sorry to hear about your continued side effects from deviltaxel. I didn't mention it previously because everyone's experiences are different and I didn't want to worry you when you seemed to be doing ok to begin with. I too experience chest pains after treatment. I ended up on liquid morphine after my first treatment due to the pain. I had ECG and everything turned out ok but the onc prescribed somac (for reflux) which can be a common side effect from docetaxel. It was wise to take yourself to the ED, heart pain can be really scary! Hopefully keeping hydrated which I agree is hard to do when everything tastes so bloody hideous will fix the chest pains. Just in case you do experience any further chest pain remember to mention it to your onc. It may be reflux as well?? I take somac for the first week, I still get the pain but not as severely. Hope you are feeling better.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I also sometimes had 1/4 oj with soda water. And also yes re reflux...I needed nexium twice daily to combat it.
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Someone before mentioned using a straw to drink through. It helps to bypass the taste buds, possibly try that too.