What a beautiful message Cath. x 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Sorry lovely. Xx 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Collpepsi do not get anxious about raising your concerns based on how much others have/ have not gone through - I do not believe anyone on this site makes judgements. Re the medicos am sorry you don't feel your surgeon is responsive to your nonsurgical needs - there are other avenues available for info and help. The bcna books are a good start beyond just the technical stuff - they offer suggested questions for the oncologist meetings as well as a book to record responses n.Also online and phone contact points - the Cancer Council " cancer connection" phone chat I had with a fellow breast cancer lady who had had same as me helped enormously ground me by normalising things - her voice and advice both helped.The hospital has breast care nurses that can help and your local gp may have info on local support groups - I found some on google locally.It is. important to. look outwards which you have taken the first byjoining us online.Also you may also have family and friends who Whilst may not have breastancer can provide support in an ear to listen or even ideas. Two of my friends helped me by getting me moving in this direction including finding some community support - one found a support group the other organised a couple ofher friends who had had it to talk to me.My basic message is look outwards and you will be surprised how much help there actually is. xo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I too cried for weeks...and I'm a nurse who once worked in oncogy! It's perfectly normal and healthy...better than just pretending everything is just hunky dory. Stress release. ..that's what it does. It's either that or just be angry all the time.  I decided I was just going to go with the emotions and  ride them through. Acknowledge them as I felt them ...and I came out the other side stronger and wiser and ready to reclaim my life...a different life than before bc,  but life yes, and happy to be in it.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
     Collpepsi don't bottle things up share when you feel safe to do so with whom you feel safe to do so - never feel like you are alone as you are most definitely not - reach out and you'll be surprised who is there. There are many remarkable women on this site for example read their stories , share with them .Kath is right life is good and you will get thru this maybe with a few bumps along the way which having support will help but lots of women have trodden this path before us like Kath and still think life's wonderful.That said am due to start hormone therapy soon which gather will have its challenges but hopefully if they occur I will persist and if I have a downer someone here will help pick me up again like they did a few weeks ago
  • Collpepsi
    Collpepsi Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks ladies for support and the great advice