Happier Events Diary

Options
JJoy
JJoy Member Posts: 350
edited November 2011 in Day to day

I have decided to start a blog on 'Happier Events' as you can tell by the title - Today was really 'out of the blue' - after treatment it was raining so we decided to go to the Art Gallery - we saw some amazing old paintings including Norman Lindsay - however we could hear this really loud piano music - as we wandered from room to room we ended up in the room where the music was coming from - and who do you think was sitting there playing with such gusto and brilliance? None other than 'CHOOKA' from Australia's Got Talent - I was truly amazed and totally agree that he is a genius!  To see him at a beautiful Grand Piano and playing with his heart and soul was incredible!  It turns out he goes there quite often I found out because he 'doesn't have a piano at home'....he happily posed for the odd mobile phone shot and my husband asked him if I could have a photo with him as I was 'too shy' - he was most obliging - I was taken by his soft voice and pleasant demeanor and thought to myself, what a lovely afternoon it turned out to be! There! that is my first contribution to the happy events diary - feel free to add yours! x x x Josie

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great idea Josie .... it's so good to focus on the positives as we go through this journey!

I did this after I had my mastectomty and got good pathology results ... set myself goals, things I was determined to enjoy regardless of the fact that I was missing part of my body that had been with me for 62 years.

ANZAC Day - from dawn service,march, dinner and time at the bar with Veterans then my nieces wedding the same weekend.  A trip to Darwin for my grand-daughter's wedding followed by my step-daughter's engagement party in Melbourne.... and that was just the first 6 months!!

While life is not all peaches and cream, my list of "happy events" is much longer than the "other" list and I hope yours will be the same.

Cheers ... Shirl

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

i am so excited the twins are home now and doing very well. Leyla is the bossy boots and Jade just wants to eat. when i work out how to put pics on here i will put them on. keep smiling.sisters.

• JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

That sounds lovely Fran - I have twin grandsons - I call them 'Search & Destroy' -just joking, they are gorgeous! x Josie

• JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ladies that movie was called RED DOG - I really am getting a bit loopy these days! and how about some happy comments! C'mon girls! x x x

• JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ladies that movie was called RED DOG - I really am getting a bit loopy these days! and how about some happy comments! C'mon girls! x x x

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

WHAT IS A CALORIE?

CALORIES ARE LITTLE BUGGERS THAT GET INTO YOUR WARDROBE AT NIGHT AND SEW ALL YOUR CLOTHES TIGHTER.......

MY CLOSET IS INFESTED WITH THE LITTLE SHIT'S.

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

You're so right there Fran, and if the calories don't start sewing, then the clothes shrink while they are hanging in the dark !!!!We just can't win !!!! LoL

Cheers ... Shirl xx 

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

You're so right there Fran, and if the calories don't start sewing, then the clothes shrink while they are hanging in the dark !!!!We just can't win !!!! LoL

Cheers ... Shirl xx 

• JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Awesome - I totally cracked up! I didn't realise it but discoved my wardrobe is crawling with them! Call in the 'Fat busters' Quick! LOL! x x x Josie