Darn it! You can't pick your neighbours!

Options
JJoy
JJoy Member Posts: 350
edited August 2011 in Day to day

Well ladies, I couldn't let this little gem slip by and not splash it on the pages of our blogs - As most of you know I go home on the weekends, you know - revel in your OWN bed, your OWN lounge suite - Your OWN everything (including dunny) etc, etc!  Any way - peace and quiet is what I am wanting (plus a few chardies on a Friday night to wind down) any hoo - not so for last night (Sunday) because our neighbours in the front flat had a huge domestic, and they weren't happy with that and two cop cars showing up to cart one of them away - they had a big blue with the neighbours in the flat behind us (sorry guys but truth is I am talking serious white trash) any way - from 11 pm until 2.30 this morning, crash bang, yelling, swearing, crying, arguing bla bla bla - darn it you can't pick your neighbours but by crikey I let the agents know what happened because yours truly is really really very posessive about her 'quiet peace and enjoyment' (a funny little clause they put into rental leases).  So we had to 'drag' ourselves out of bed this morning dog tired and looking like something the cat dragged in, and had to drive here (yawn yawn yawn) all the way!  Funny little signs here on side of Victorian roads saying; "DON'T SLEEP AND DRIVE" (really? Ya think!?) and DROWSY DRIVERS DIE (oh good greif hubby, keep your eyes open! - oops I just nodded off!) Any way - we made it here and I went and had my treatment and came back to the room to bang of a very you-beaut-no-punches-pulled email to the relevant people - I also stressed (though most diplomatically I may add) that I am having cancer treatment and guess what - I don't need this.  Bloody neighbours!  Big hugs ladies x x x Josie

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Josie, it is definately a pain in the ass having your tranquility disturbed but your neighbours might have thought they were doing you a community service.

Imagine this scenario ...."Poor Josie, being cooped up for so long  being poked and prodded, no entertainment to relieve the boredom  ... lets provide some entertainment for her.  What shall we do?  Lets have an all in old fasioned all-in rumble, trash the house, abuse the neighbours and each other and just for effect have the police arrive with their disco lights blazing away."

Don't think so?  Neither do I ... with a bit of luck they will have been evicted by the time you get home again, or they will have self-destructed and there will be little pieces of them all over the lawn (only joking again !!)

Hopefully your next trip home will bring with it the peace and quiet you need and deserve ... good luck with that. 

Take care ..... luv Shirl xx

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well there is never a dull moment in your life hey Josie lol. it's a shame your most deserved peace and quiet was disturbed like that! I think you should put your neighbours in a bag and relocate them to Ballarat just like you would do to a pesky animal. . .sounds like they would fit in nicely in that town!

Loretta xxx

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well there is never a dull moment in your life hey Josie lol. it's a shame your most deserved peace and quiet was disturbed like that! I think you should put your neighbours in a bag and relocate them to Ballarat just like you would do to a pesky animal. . .sounds like they would fit in nicely in that town!

Loretta xxx

• JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Shirl, You really brought a smile to my face - love your thinking, the glass is certainly half full! Cracked me up!  I hope you are right about them being 'ousted' by the time we get back - now that would be good! x hugs Josie

• JJoy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Fabulous Loretta, love your thinking - they certainly would be candidates for cranky town for sure! x Josie