New to posting on here... Hi There :)

Options
2»

Comments

• KimW
    KimW Member Posts: 76
    Options
    @socoda now see why haven't I thought of that idea before brilliant !!
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Alas I can't take credit for it - I borrowed it  from the lovelies here and adapted it to suit my needs, it is very sensational though.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Enjoy your trip with your daughter. I imagine the 3 week visits just suck. I guess the injection wouldn't be any better. Hopefully one day there will be an oral version so we can get on with just living.
  • KimW
    Options
    I must admit over summer I pinch my daughters spray bottle with a built in fan, we got it at movie world best thing invented spritz of water and a fan to boot instant cool down.
  • KimW
    Options
    @primek thanks I'm looking forward to the excursion.  I have looked into the herceptin injection and I don't like that idea as apparently it is a one dosage fits all, where the iv herceptin is based on your weight so tailored for each individual.  I would feel like some people would be getting too much where others not enough and no studies have been done that I know of to say its more effective or less effective than IV dosage.  Also the hospitals are giving funding for patients who come and have IV Herceptin so there is a negative impact on the hospitals if it all went off IV dosages. Only know this as I had depth discussion with oncologist about how wonderful it would be not having to go to hospital all the time. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Oh my...I would have thought it was dose adjusted. Thanks for the info. Yes I'd be sticking with accurate dosing for sure.
  • KimW
    Options
    @primek same, I presumed it would be similar to my clexane injections on weight but nope sadly.  I'd still love to learn more about Herceptin injections.  I think the UK do the injections.  it would be wonderful though not to go to hospital all the time.
  • KimW
    Options