my partner left me for his massage therapist

Options
creativenergies
creativenergies Member Posts: 10

my partner left me for his massage therapist 6 weeks after my mastectomy.  They two timed me behind my back for 2.5 months before dumping me for dead.

The shock of the betrayal, deceit and lies has meant i have never recovered from surgery, my immunity plummetted - not being able to shake off infections nor all over body dermatitis.

I'm seeing a clinical psychologist, have good friends and family, but find myself unable to move on, as i never thought i'd be on this cancer journey without my life partner

This is so horrid and so  taboo

i've met 2 other women this has happened to.

Tagged:

Comments

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry to hear that your partner left you, and his timing really suxed too! It is good that you are seeking the professional help that you need.

I know you do not believe me now, but in time, with the right support you will move on from his betrayal and from cancer and you will come out the other side stronger than you ever imagined possible.

As you profile name suggests use your creative energy to do something that you enjoy doing. Just baby steps, one step at a time, one day at a time. Your therapist is more qualified to advise you of this than me, I just know that your confidence would have taken a hit with the mastecomy and him leaving would have dented it more.

You will meet lots of wonderful people to share your cancer journey with, they may not be your life partner, but I am sure they will show you the respect and compassion you deserve.

Tanya

• Jo.L.
    Jo.L. Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It is a horrible to loose someone you thought would be your support during a crisis. I am glad you are seeking professional help, it is so important during treatment. I had a regular gig with my GP, who was my sounding board as he had already been throught birth & death with our family. I found it critical in my treatment to have someone to download to, my partner is lovely but a head in the sand type of guy. Thoughts are with you Jo
  • creativenergies
    edited March 2015
    Options
    its very hard, as no-one really wants to know. its unacknowledged that some partners do leave you. the stresses and fears of cancer are real
  • creativenergies
    edited March 2015
    Options
    so hard when you love somebody who's hurt you so badly
    the shock is paralysing - i finding it difficult to of anything else making it hard for me to let go
    mnay thx 4 yr support
    wendy