Different colours and warmer area on effected boob

Options
sandramj
sandramj Member Posts: 253
i seem to have a lot of questions on here. Hope that's OK as I don't know who else to ask?  And you wonderful 'Pioneers' have experienced most things BC. And thankfully share on here and support by giving your experiences.  Thankyou. I've noticed my left breast (the one where the invasive ductal carcinoma was removed on 1/4 has a large area away from any biopsies that is red/pink/purple and is always warmer than the other boob or any other area on that boob.  I am worried as its been a long time since surgery 1/4/17 till radiation 29/5 and everything I've read suggests radiation should start ASAP.  I am concerned that it's the cancer spread, although there was no sign of the lump that had started totally unbeknown to me.   But I think I've read here about hot sport or reddish areas and not good at find information on here and don't want to Dr Google it.  

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    See your doctor if you are concerned. It could be a little underlying infection which may need treatment. A quick ultrasound if the doctor deems it necessary could shed some more light on the problem.
  • Cyclo
    Cyclo Member Posts: 56
    Options
    I've had an ongoing infection in the operated breast ,signs were swelling ,pinkness and heat. I went straight to doctor and surgeon who all agreed on antibiotic treatment  I would see you doc to find out what is going on.  
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Agree with the others.
  • Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    Options
    Hi @sandramj - just wanted to jump in to say hello/welcome. As the other comments have mentioned, if you are concerned by anything that you may be experiencing as a result of your surgery, it can sometimes be best to have a chat with your medical professional about it.
  • sandramj
    sandramj Member Posts: 253
    Options
    Thankyou. I'll be asking oncology radiation Dr tomoz. Just hoping it's one of the many rashes, redness, patches we get from possibly handling and/or checking and scrutinising our boobs far too much, after BC surgery  lol.