4 years.

Options
2»

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options

Here we go @socoda.

The top photo is Base Camp at 2am. You can see a trail of lights going up the trail to Mt Everest. These are the head lamps of the Sherpas as they carry supplies up to Camp 1 and 2. Part of our group this time stayed behind to climb Lhotse (the peak right next to Everest). They are making their bid for the summit at the moment. Hope to hear they have made it safely sometime in the next day or two. Lhotse is the fourth highest mountain in the world.

The bottom photo is our group at the finish 'line' of the trek. I am in a purple jacket, centre at the back, left hand in the air. We had just walked for 6 and 3/4 hours, mostly in the rain. Still smiling and I am still keen to go trekking again in this amazing little country! Very lucky to have been a part of this Nepalese adventure.  :)
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Options

This was one of the most memorable moments from this trek. We trekked up a ridge behind the village of Dingboche. At this point we were about 4600m above sea level. It was a tad windy (80-100km/h) but the absolute most exhilarating experience of my life!

Unfortunately I got a cold the next day and two days later, at about 5000m on the way to Base Camp (5350), I had trouble breathing and had to turn back with one of the guides. So did not actually make it all the way this time  :/. But I still loved the whole experience and was happy with everything I did accomplish. Every other day my body performed well. Another reminder to concentrate on what I could control and be very happy with that.  :)
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    @Deanne I can't imagine how absolutely stunning it must be in real life because the pictures are so incredible. Congratulations on another mammoth achievement and absolute bummer about having to turn back but it just means that you have set your personal best and will have to go again!! :smiley: