Good news :)

Options
JennyS
JennyS Member Posts: 18
edited August 2011 in Day to day

Hi ladies,

Well i had my 2nd cycle of chemo on Wednesday and it all went well like the 1st cycle, which is great specially as i have my 2 boys to look after. Hoping the rest of it goes as smoothly.

Spoke to my Oncologist and looks like we may be able to wait until i'm 36 weeks pregnant til baby is induced, instead of 30 weeks like she first suggested YAAAAY!!!! Such a relief to hubby and me as baby would have been in an incubator and i would have been having chemo every week and would have been stressed about her. But this way hopefully she will be home with us before my chemo starts again :) very stoked!!

I'm also going to my 1st support group meeting on Monday, it's called The Yound and the Breastless :) for women under 40. I'm really looking forward to meeting and chatting to other women around my age going through the same thing.

Hope you're all doing well and have a great weekend planned.

Take care :) xo

Comments

• Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi,

That is great news for your family!  I am glad that your chemo is treating you ok.  I am having my second one on Tuesday and also did not find the first too bad. Grab as much rest as you can when you can.  I am thinking of you.

Julia

• pacwood
    pacwood Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great to hear Jenny! Im hoping round 2 treats me as well as the first did. I have 3 boys and know how hard it is juggling family commitments around your treatment plan.

I LOVE the name of your support group! My breast care nurse has organised our first young womens meeting for next month. I cant wait!

Currently my area has a group but it is older women and many who have been cancer free for 15 years or so. Hense why she has started a new group for us younger women. I hope we come up with as awesome a name for our group!

Good news on bubby being able to stay put for that bit longer. Gonna be an awesome day when you meet that little one. xoxo Christie

• Renata
    Renata Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good to hear all is going well Jenny. I hope the rest of your cycles turn out the same. It is very hard when you have kids but you are too tired to look after them. That used to upset me alot. You are lucky to have a support group for under 40s in your area. I would have loved to have one where I live.

Good Luck

Renata xox

• JennyS
    edited March 2015
    Options

I hope round 2 goes as well for u too, when will it be?

How old are your boys? How are they accepting everything that's been going on with you.

The name of the group is quite cool isn't it, a few people i tell don't really like it though. I think u have to try and have fun with life and specially in tought situations. Have u got a date set for the first meeting? Will be great to all get together and have people to talk to who are going through the same thing.

Hope ur going well hun xox

• JennyS
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julia,

How did ur treatment go on Tuesday? Thinking of u aswell and hope everything is going well.

Jen :)

• JennyS
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Renata :) hope everything is going well with you xox

• JennyS
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Dette,

I too found myself more tired after this 2nd cycle of chemo but really just in the arvo and if i can grab a 15 minuts nap i'm normally okay. Little hard with both my boys sometimes though but do what i can. That's great u can work or not if ur up to it, nice to have that luxury to be able to pick and choose. Hope ur feeling well xo

• Emma T
    Emma T Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny,

I am so happy to hear that your treatment is going well and that your bubba will be born closer to 36 weeks - that really is fantastic news :)

I was diagnosed with BC on 16th June this year.  It has been a crazy couple of months learning all about the surgery, treatments, clinical trials, etc.  I am also very keen to join a support group and was told of one called Young and the Breastless - maybe it is the same one?!  Are you located in Perth - the one I have been told about meets in Leederville?  Unfortunately I was too unwell to attend their August meeting but hope to go to their September catch up.

My next Chemo treatment is this coming Wed!  I am really nervous about it as I was sick for a good 6 days after it - horrible :(

Anyway, I hope you are keeping as well as can be and aren't too tired.

Em

xx

• Emma T
    Emma T Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny,

I am so happy to hear that your treatment is going well and that your bubba will be born closer to 36 weeks - that really is fantastic news :)

I was diagnosed with BC on 16th June this year.  It has been a crazy couple of months learning all about the surgery, treatments, clinical trials, etc.  I am also very keen to join a support group and was told of one called Young and the Breastless - maybe it is the same one?!  Are you located in Perth - the one I have been told about meets in Leederville?  Unfortunately I was too unwell to attend their August meeting but hope to go to their September catch up.

My next Chemo treatment is this coming Wed!  I am really nervous about it as I was sick for a good 6 days after it - horrible :(

Anyway, I hope you are keeping as well as can be and aren't too tired.

Em

xx

• Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks,

actually all went ok on the day, but the first week after was much worse this time and my hand veins have been sore and bruised.  feeling much better now thank goodness!  Strike 3 next week....

Julia