MaureenH

Options
MaureenH
MaureenH Member Posts: 17
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone,

I am looking forward to attending the BCNA Summit and hopefully meeting up with many of the

women who attended the Community Liasion course with me to see how they are all going and progressing.

I am used to the cold weather as we have had it cold down here in Tassie.

We also have a "Shack" at Great Lake in Central Tasmania and it was -11* the other morning there and got to a big fat 0* for the day. Needless to say all the water was frozen and the lake so we had to go and get water from the river to boil and wash with. 

It has been around 5* to 11* most of the last week here at home but with some rainy days this week it managed to get to 14*.

Oh for some sun on my bones.... Come on Melbourne , turn on the Sun.

Cheers to All

MaureenH in Tassie.

Tagged:

Comments

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Maureen - mmmmmm frozen water!  I left Tassie in 1973 and will be returning for the first time for a holiday after my Herceptin finishes around late next year!  Am looking forward to it - maybe come and say hi! Cheers Josie

• JJoy
    JJoy Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Maureen - mmmmmm frozen water!  I left Tassie in 1973 and will be returning for the first time for a holiday after my Herceptin finishes around late next year!  Am looking forward to it - maybe come and say hi! Cheers Josie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

But those temps are ridiculous - which side do you live on?  I will make sure I don't visit there in winter.  Hope to meet you at the Summit  - will you be in the one in the bikini? XLeonie

• MaureenH
    MaureenH Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

BIkini's and I parted company quite a few years ago.

It has been lovely here today, about 14+ I reckon.

Tassie is lovely, just dress warm in layers for winter.

Hope it is warmer in Melbourne.  Sounds as though it is going to be a full on time.

Cheers

MaureenH