GOOD NEWS??? BC Survivors

Options
Elisha85
Elisha85 Member Posts: 38
edited August 2011 in Day to day

Hello AGAIN :o)

I need some good BC survivor stories... Help me out... I hear nothing but bad things around me lately...

Tell me your story :o)

xxx

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've survived breast cancer twice.Once in 2003 and then again last year-same breast.Apart from missing a breast and having pesky chemo curls,I'm fine.I work and function ok,just get abit tired.I think more women are surviving than are dying.I don't know the exact statistics.You only have to hear a few sad stories and it can upset you.Are you ok??Take care.

Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Elisha,  When I was first diagnosed back in 2006, all I could think of was arranging my funeral.  Then I met this wonderful lady at an information session arranged by the Cancer Council.  She spoke about being a survivor for 20 years.  That did it for me - I could do that too.  This wonderful lady is now a cherished friend who is now 25 years post bc.  She does so much for the community and is a wonderful person for anyone to know.  I hope that gives you some inspiration like it did me.  XLeonie

• Jo.L.
    Jo.L. Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Elisha

Diagnosed 2003 surgery, chemo, radio, ovaries out ( didnt need them anyway have had my kids) BCNA has been an amazing support . Am part of a wonderful group of local women who laugh, cry, hug and laugh about treatments. After BC got back on the bike ( hadnt ridden for 20 years) Got to join Amazon Heart an amzing group and ride a Harley davidson from Brisbane to Sydney through the 2009 floods.... Have made some awesome friends, done some incedible things. Volunteered with BC in India, saw the Dalai Lama ( on my wish list) Still riding the bike... have more plans not too sure what they will include. Looking forward to the summit... Take Care Hugs Jo

• Jo.L.
    Jo.L. Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Elisha

Diagnosed 2003 surgery, chemo, radio, ovaries out ( didnt need them anyway have had my kids) BCNA has been an amazing support . Am part of a wonderful group of local women who laugh, cry, hug and laugh about treatments. After BC got back on the bike ( hadnt ridden for 20 years) Got to join Amazon Heart an amzing group and ride a Harley davidson from Brisbane to Sydney through the 2009 floods.... Have made some awesome friends, done some incedible things. Volunteered with BC in India, saw the Dalai Lama ( on my wish list) Still riding the bike... have more plans not too sure what they will include. Looking forward to the summit... Take Care Hugs Jo

• Elisha85
    Elisha85 Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2015
    Options

I lost a friend to BC on Friday 2 weeks ago and it got me down and everything i was reading was all not good stories so i just wanted some :o)

Im good ladies - bone scan was all clear :o)

xxxx 

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi i sympathise with you i lost a friend recently too, but hey i am a survivor i too am at the four year mark and dispite the ups and downs you too will get here.

it is hard to stay focused when these things happen  but your friend would want you to stay focused as would mine.

life is good i have new twin grand daughters leyla and jade born 1 august non identicle. they are our 10th and 11th grandchild. so i call it a good sign.

where do you come from are you in victoria i am near mount buller just out of mansfield and it is sooooooooooooo cold. miss the warm weather but then i dont like it to hot either as i melt with the sweats ha ha,

here's a joke for you all but especially you elisha.

A SMILE - IS A SIGN OF JOY.

A HUG - IS A SIGN OF LOVE.

A LAUGH - IS A SIGN OF HAPPINESS.

AND A FRIEND LIKE ME??

SHIT......THAT'S JUST A SIGN OF GOOD TASTE!!

WE'LL BE FRIENDS UNTIL WE ARE OLD AND SENILE.

THEN WE'LL BE NEW FRIENDS.

HA HA HA HA HA  

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi i sympathise with you i lost a friend recently too, but hey i am a survivor i too am at the four year mark and dispite the ups and downs you too will get here.

it is hard to stay focused when these things happen  but your friend would want you to stay focused as would mine.

life is good i have new twin grand daughters leyla and jade born 1 august non identicle. they are our 10th and 11th grandchild. so i call it a good sign.

where do you come from are you in victoria i am near mount buller just out of mansfield and it is sooooooooooooo cold. miss the warm weather but then i dont like it to hot either as i melt with the sweats ha ha,

AND A FRIEND LIKE ME??

HA HA HA HA HA  

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

AND A FRIEND LIKE ME??

HA HA HA HA HA  

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

AND A FRIEND LIKE ME??

HA HA HA HA HA  

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

some times i press the preview button to many times and it just puts the message down again and again sorry.