Looking forward to meeting you all

Options
sandycee
sandycee Member Posts: 147
edited July 2011 in Day to day

Hello Gals,

I am new to your group. About time some of you posted something here too, if only to let some other gals know what you are doing. :p

I am looking forward to meeting you at the next meeting in Liverpool. I have lost track of the date though, please don't tell me it is today. I think it is next wednesday 3rd August, isn't it??

By then I will have seen the Radiologist at the hospital and will know more about when/how my treatment will be.

Have a great week everyone.

Sandy :)

Comments

• Evelyn
    Evelyn Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sandy,

How you goin? Sound's like your'e new to this just like me. It's pretty awful is'nt it? You said in your last post 3/8 that you were about to see your radiologist, what's happened since then? Hang in there, I've just had my third round of chemo (Bloody awful), but hey it's saving my life, hope your'e goin okay.

Anne x

PS my user name is Evelyn, but I prefer Anne.

• sandycee
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Evelyn,

I have posted much since then. Suffice to say, I almost wish I could be rid of August all together - it was bloody awful for me. Waiting - nothing - waiting...

Had round one chemo on Monday - so far so good - 3 more to down. If they all are like this I won't mind. Still early days yet. I had a portacath inserted cos I have a real bad bout of needle phobia which only contributed to nerves and anxiety.

So am so glad I went down the "Penny" path.

Hope you are feeling better - get out and smell the flowers - go for a walk - feel the sun shining on your face, back, soul what ever it takes to let you know that you are still loved.

You are most welcome to blog away here anywhere - just open up and tell us all what you are feeling. That is what I am doing as it helps to get the unseen cancer of anxiety and angst and what ever else there is within - to without. Let it all out.

Take care and look around you - out side and inside. Look at you as a woman to be loved and admired. You are YOU who is THE most important person in YOUR life! Make it count.

Cheerio for now and look forward to hearing from you in the future

Sandy xxx

• Gayle Reddy
    Gayle Reddy Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies

It's been a while since I last posted.

Have been going through hell, I am at my half way point with Chemotherapy. 3 more to go and it's a move across to Taxotere and Herceptin. This is scheduled for next week 3 November. Apparently this is the harder part of my journey. How this is figured out god only knows.

I should also find out if my cancer is genetic related. I am praying that it is not as I do not want to have to make the decision should I remove both breast.

It's way too much to cope with at the moment.

I have contacted the Pyhscologist at St Vincents hospital to help me deal with my anxiety issues. My next appointment hopefully will help me with sleeping and coping with this horrible, horrible horrible disease.

I will blog my outcome when I know my fate, until then all the best,

Gayle :)

• Gayle Reddy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies

Have been going through hell, I am at my half way point with Chemotherapy. 3 more to go and it's a move across to Taxotere and Herceptin. This is scheduled for next week 3 November. Apparently this is the harder part of my journey. How this is figured out god only knows.

I should also find out if my cancer is genetic related. I am praying that it is not as I do not want to have to make the decision should I remove both breast.

I have contacted the Pyhscologist at St Vincents hospital to help me deal with my anxiety issues. My next appointment hopefully will help me with sleeping and coping with this horrible, horrible horrible disease.

• Gayle Reddy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies

• Gayle Reddy
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies

• sandycee
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Gayle,

I am sorry to hear  you going through such a bad time. It is awful - the chemo.

Every step of the way is awful. I have had my mastectomy - and now have had my prosthesis fitted professionally so feel much better about myself when out and about.

I have only one more chemo to go through - to endure. I can't wait for it to be over. This will be on 7th November. I am lucky that I don't need radiation therapy. After the end of the chemo it will be the hormone therapy - don't know yet when it is starting or what it will be. Have also had a change in oncologists which doesn't help any. However the worst for me is nearly over.

Hang in there Gayle - make some short term goals and do yourself a favour and have some mini celebrations - either dinner/lunch out or bubble bath - or facial, or something meaningful and personal for you. Get together with the girls and make a day/night of it. Something - anything is good as long as it means a celebration or milestone. I found this to be very effective psychologically for me. My partner took me to lunch which we never do as a rule as he is such a good cook - though he knows I love sea food and he doesn't do much in sea food so that is his way of giving to me something special.

Remember that this dis-ease doesn't have to be with you forever. It depends on your surgery that you had and how successful the chemo and follow up treatments are. I am in a support group where there are some long term survivors - 10 years in fact. They are remarkable women and wonderfully inspirational. Try to find a support group in your area - ask your breast care nurse. You will find that talking face to face with these survivors will make more of a difference to you emotionally as well. They can and will most likely give you added support.

Make the most of any and all services available to you - including physio. What ever you need - seek if and take advantage if it is available. You are not alone - there are women here, there and everywhere just around the corner willing to give you the support you need.

I also like blogging, though haven't been doing much lately. I have been a bit slack of late as have had chemo brain too. All fuzzy and then just plain tired. Take one day at a time - don't try to rush it and remember - IT IS OKAY TO STILL CRY!

Take care and good luck

Sandy :)