Ginny

Options
vherraman
vherraman Member Posts: 3
edited July 2011 in Day to day

I am just about to begin my first round of chemo with TAC.  I have been doing lots or reading about side affects etc.  It probably sounds very vain but I have false nails infilled approx every 3 weeks and was wondering if anyone else having chemo has continued to maintain false nails?  Should I have them removed before I begin or not worry? I was also thinking of the risk of infection from filing with the machines they use.  Maybe over reacting or not being careful enough.  Can anyone give me some advice please?

Comments

• vherraman
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you annie2 for your reply.  I will ask the nurse at my next visit but was wondering if others had kept their false nails while having chemo.  It is one of the things that makes me feel good and well groomed and that is something I'd like to hand on to if I can considering the hair will go. Thanks

• vherraman
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Leonie.  It was mainly my husband who wanted me to take the false nails off.  That happened last Friday before I begin treatment this week.  I have found a place that uses a product called bio-sculpture and hope that I might be able to use that product in the near future.  They do not need to use the drill/file machines at all with the bio-sculpture.  Will continue to look into this.

regards Ginny