Vitamin D

Options
2»

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I went off to the chinese health shop today and stocked up of 100% fish oil , vitamin D and calcium tabs.  Next time I am at the GP's I am going to ask to have my vit D test carried out.  thanks for the info. XLeonie

• sandycee
    sandycee Member Posts: 147
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have some calcium tablets that I can't take. For some reason, I get the same queezy feeling in the pit of my stomach when taking calcium tabs as when I have too much real full cream milk.

Perhaps, after building up on my vit d it will improve, the fish oil sounds like a good idea too as my arm is getting quite achey after doing my exercises, or after I stretch and use it a fair bit.

I think I can wait a bit for the blood tests though as I have this awful phobia of needles and whilst in hospital, if I wasn't being jabbed by one, I was being cyphoned by another - not literally that much, just felt like it...

take care

Sandy

• sandycee
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have some calcium tablets that I can't take. For some reason, I get the same queezy feeling in the pit of my stomach when taking calcium tabs as when I have too much real full cream milk.

Perhaps, after building up on my vit d it will improve, the fish oil sounds like a good idea too as my arm is getting quite achey after doing my exercises, or after I stretch and use it a fair bit.

I think I can wait a bit for the blood tests though as I have this awful phobia of needles and whilst in hospital, if I wasn't being jabbed by one, I was being cyphoned by another - not literally that much, just felt like it...

take care

Sandy

• Collinbee
    Collinbee Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2015
    Options

Was intrested to read the posting re Vit. D.

I have osteoporosis so proberley had low Vit d levels for some time prior to my diagnosis. I play an outdoor sport (Lawn Bowls) and was surprised with this outcome. Now I take vit D and calcium (and magnesia as I suffer from leg cramps at night.)  Also take Actonel monthly. I am due to have a blood test next week so will be interesting to know if my levels are up.

Does anyone have night cramps?

Cheers to all

June

• sandycee
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh the leg cramps really upset me too - not at night. Any old time of the day or night - no warning - just happen -also in my feet! Oooouuuchh!

the best way I deal with this is to get up out of bed and stand firmly with both feet flat on the floor. What really hurt was when I was laying on the bed pre-op and waiting for my turn to come, I woke up from passing out with anxiety and a needle to "settle my nerves" with a really bad leg cramp!

There I was no one in the room to pacify me and I was so sure I was yelling at the top of my voice - so loud I could hear mt versuvius erupting in sympathy - yet no one came running to my aid.

Then I passed out and the next thing I new was waking up after the surgery! What a surprise that was!

I shall have to look into the magnesium though as my partner suffers these terrible leg/foot cramps as well.

Sandy