Lopsided, advice about bras and inserts and breast reduction experiences please

Options
HI all,
I'm looking for some good advice from the community ........someone out there must have dealt with this problem.....following removal the local wide incision of an invasive cancer in February 2016, and then  radiation, and more surgery last week for an abnormality that showed up on the mamagram but which thankfully was scar tissue, (huge relief) my right breast is now considerably smaller than my left, (lost heaps) maybe by atleast 2 cup sizes. Probably "E" on one side and "D" and shrinking on the other. My surgeon advises not to think about breast reduction for at least another 6 months as he is expecting more shrinkage because of the radiation and surgery and I'm not sure I want more surgery anyway.  I just want to be comfortable and not feel so lopsided.

So what to do with inserts? Bras ....what should I buy to even me up? and any advice re breast reduction surgery would be helpful too. 

kookasdream

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Hi @kookasdream I know the members of the online network will be able to give you the best advice here but wanted to also show you our local service directory on the BCNA website. You can search for prothesis/ bra fitting and you can search in your area. This directory has services that BCNA members have used and recommended.
  • kookasdream
    kookasdream Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Ann-Marie,  I can't see anything on the local service directory for Ballarat for prothesis or bra fitting . Maybe I will have to go to Geelong?

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    I have just done a quick search for you and found The Lingerie Shop you could give them a call (not sure if any of our online members have been there). Our member service team have also suggested giving Myer a call to see if you could arrange a private fitting.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    My listing from the Physio for breast prosthesis fitters is The Lingerie Shop 54 Bridge Mall Ballarat ph 03 5331 7561