It's been a while

Options
2»

Comments

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the support everyone.  I have been a little hesitant getting on here - stupidly probably - but to me what I have been through is a realisation of all of our fears and I didn't want to bring anyone down.  

I have found sifting through the information tough - I think before the change in my diagnosis I was pretty passive - accepting the odds as being pretty good and putting my life in my dr's hands - but even when they try their best it sometimes isn't enough. Now I realise that I must be the driver of this bus and go with what feels right to me based on the information I've been exposed to.  

I am loving the meditation - I am still learning but it takes some discipline and the support of the family to give me time and space to do it. My body needs to heal and my mind needs to be in the right space to allow that to happen.  I have been overwhelmed with lots of worry and negative thoughts and the meditation brings my body and mind into a much calmer space.

With the juices I am spending up a fortune on organic vegetables.  I mainly juice veges in a variety of mixes - carrot, carrot and celery, carrot, celery and beetroot and I have a delicious green juice daily - with barley grass, celery, capsicum, parsley, spinach - whatever greens I have around.  I feel I get an energy boost from them and find them quite tasty too.  

I have given more thought to the complementary side of things and think I am going to go with Chinese Medicine.  I have been given quite a bit of hope of managing this disease by my oncologist and I feel comfortable with working with someone who will help balance my body so my immune system can kick in and start healing  once the cancer cells are dead.  

It's a big job and taking up much of my time but I am focused on getting well and healing.  

I have to be honest and tell you that I don't feel strong or courageous - I have been very anxious and worried but can only see a way forward that is focused on being here for my little family.

Love you guys - thank you! 

Amanda xx

p.s. The bridge climb is awesome and a great goal - I have always been very frightened of heights and flying but after doing a visualisation with a counsellor before I went, I can honestly say I felt none of the things I normally do when I am flying or up high (very close to panic attacks) - I just enjoyed every moment! Steal the idea as much as you like - definitely worth it!

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Love your work!!!!!!!XLeonie

• traxx65
    traxx65 Member Posts: 252
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Amanda,

Qi Gong is fantastic and you can do it anywhere and even a few minutes helps. I do Qi Gong, Tai Chi and Karate and all of them have helped me to remain focussed and have taught me to recognise my low times and pick myself up before they get bad.  I usually see my oncologist on the same day I have karate, so when I have had bad news, it has been a great outlet, for me, (not the other person that I am sparring).

It is great to find a balance that suits you in the way that you like to treat your cancer.  My oncologist is open to any discussion and we have had chats about the worthwhile stuff and the not so good stuff.

There is a lot to think about and do, but we just have to find our way of working through it all.

Take care and all the best.

Tracey

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi lady just letting you know i have been thinking of you everryday and  even though i am a semi retired catholic ha ha i have been praying for you and asking our guardian angels to help and give you courage and strength. you underestimate your self, you are one heck of a strong woman and i look up to you ,you are a huge inspiration to us all. 

we are all always here for you . as the saying goes breast cancer makes us all sisters. so sis keep in touch okay. 

xxxxx

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi lady just letting you know i have been thinking of you everryday and  even though i am a semi retired catholic ha ha i have been praying for you and asking our guardian angels to help and give you courage and strength. you underestimate your self, you are one heck of a strong woman and i look up to you ,you are a huge inspiration to us all. 

we are all always here for you . as the saying goes breast cancer makes us all sisters. so sis keep in touch okay. 

xxxxx

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

xxxxx

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

xxxxx

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

xxxxxsorry didnt mean to send three times.aaaah!

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

xxxxxsorry didnt mean to send three times.aaaah!

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Amanda

Don't ever be hesitant to get on here, you are truly amazing.  I admire your focus and strength - even though you don't think you are strong.  To take such an active approach to your healing requires so much strength, courage and organisation and to do this on top of being such a loving and caring mother and wife shows how truly special you are!

Your next scan on August 15th is the same day as my last chemo - so here's to a good day for both of us!

Take care and keep in touch.

Love Ann-Marie xx

• Ann-Marie AK
    Ann-Marie AK Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Amanda

Don't ever be hesitant to get on here, you are truly amazing.  I admire your focus and strength - even though you don't think you are strong.  To take such an active approach to your healing requires so much strength, courage and organisation and to do this on top of being such a loving and caring mother and wife shows how truly special you are!

Your next scan on August 15th is the same day as my last chemo - so here's to a good day for both of us!

Take care and keep in touch.

Love Ann-Marie xx

• Sorrentino-Mariconda
    Sorrentino-Mariconda Member Posts: 70
    edited March 2015
    Options

I love that idea that we are all like sisters...we are all together in this cause and this is simply fantastic...Amanda as I told you before you are in the right path, I am also doing Qi  Qong and its fantastic, the juice and meditation help tremendously...I may see you in the Gawler Program....Be strong and remember Ian Gawler's story, if he did it...WE ALSO CAN DO IT!!!!...WE ARE PERFECTLY ABLE TO CONQUER CANCER SISTERS!!!

Love, strengh and light to all of you 

• Sorrentino-Mariconda
    Sorrentino-Mariconda Member Posts: 70
    edited March 2015
    Options

I love that idea that we are all like sisters...we are all together in this cause and this is simply fantastic...Amanda as I told you before you are in the right path, I am also doing Qi  Qong and its fantastic, the juice and meditation help tremendously...I may see you in the Gawler Program....Be strong and remember Ian Gawler's story, if he did it...WE ALSO CAN DO IT!!!!...WE ARE PERFECTLY ABLE TO CONQUER CANCER SISTERS!!!

Love, strengh and light to all of you 

• shereejoy
    shereejoy Member Posts: 120
    edited March 2015
    Options

you are truely amazing amanda xo  (thinking of you all of the time) xo

• shereejoy
    shereejoy Member Posts: 120
    edited March 2015
    Options

you are truely amazing amanda xo  (thinking of you all of the time) xo