Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Embraca Clinical Trial (Talazoparib)

Options
I was wondering if anyone out there is participating in the Embraca clinical trial - or any other trials using the drug Talazoparib (BMN-673)? I have just started (I was assigned the trial drug) and it's hard to not have anyone to talk to who is going through the same thing i.e. discuss side effects etc.
The only treatment I've had prior to this is hormone therapy - Zoladex, Xgeva, Femara and a short stint of radiotherapy to treat a fracture in my spine as a result of a bone met.

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Can't help but wish you well on the trial. Do they want you connected to discuss or do they want independent reporting of side effects etc to them as it is a trial? Just curious.
  • RachelleRachelle
    RachelleRachelle Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks so much primek...I have to keep a diary of any negative side effects that I am personally experiencing, however, it was my own choice to try and get in touch with someone who is going through the same treatment.
  • Giedre
    Giedre Member Posts: 18
    Options
    It's great that you are on the trial.  It must be a trial for ER+PR+HER2- ?  Which by the medicines you have been on seems like.  I am the same and have been on Femera, Tamoxifen and now Faslodex always along with Xgeva as it's "just" in my bones.  Where is the trial and I wish you great success.