Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Immunotherapy for er+pr+ HER2-

Options
2»

Comments

• Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    Options
    Hi @Giedre, there are a couple of great websites you can search for clinical trials. One is Australian Clinical Trials. The other, which you may prefer, is Australian Cancer Trials
  • Giedre
    Giedre Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you Cosette.  I have registered with Australian Clinical Trials.  Giedre. 
  • Kathy_BCNA
    Kathy_BCNA Staff, Member Posts: 101
    Options

Hi Gierdre

This is Kathy from BCNA's Policy Team.

As some of the ladies here have already mentioned, palbociclib (Ibrance) is a new drug for ER+/PR+/HER2- breast cancer. There have been very good results with it in international trials and it is already available in many countries overseas, including in Europe and the US. We at BCNA hope it will be available in Australia later this year. We are currently writing a submission to the government in support of it, and will publish this on our website when it is finalised. We'll let you know via the online community when it is available for you to read.

It is an oral therapy that is taken with letrozole or faslodex.

There are trials in Australia with palbociclib so you may like to talk to your medical oncologist about whether it would be suitable for you and whether you would be eligible for a trial. There are some pretty strict eligibility criteria.

All the best

Kathy

• Giedre
    Giedre Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you Kathy, my oncologist has told me about Ibrance with Letrozole as maybe the next line if treatment.  I'm on Faslodex and Xgeva for bone mets at the moment.  The vaccine that I was given at Hallwang in Germany was GP2 and the oncologist there said it was good with Faslodex.  My oncologist here was very interested in this as the oncologist at Hallwang gave me a comprehensive report of my treatments there and my blood tests results to pass on to my oncologist here.  I hope that Ibrance does become available here very soon.