Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Triple negative BC, mets to lung

Options
i went to see my GP as I had a pain in the back (right side) under my ribs (can only describe as deep within ache) that did not go away with Panadol mainly at night. Also had developed a seroma at front on right side underneath mastectomy scar. GP physically examined me and immediately arranged CT on lung to check for blood clot. Result within an hour showed no clot but pleural effusion and also changed to lung since last scan (probably metastatic). I had a appointment the next day with my surgeon, so results sent to her, whilst she physically examined me she found a few nodules along the scar line she didn't like, so arranged next day to drain seroma, and take out nodules and sent all for testing. She organised an appointment with my oncologist for following Tuesday when results of biopsy would be available. Results of nodules showing same triple negative cancer growing bizarrely and seroma fluid having unusual cells being malignant.
Now I'm to have a PET scan, a brain scan and blood test next week so I go back to see her on 20th. In the meantime I'm on Targin twice a day, plus panadol every four hours, and I have endone for breakthrough relief if I need it. It's all happened so quickly !  So now I've developed a small dry cough on occasions but not all the time and also shortness of breath when I do a simple chore like vacuuming with a little stick vacuum.

i haven't found anything here (only a quick look) with mets to lung.
Anybody out there ???

thanks

Comments

• Lizzie13
    Lizzie13 Dragonfly Posts: 46
    Options
    HI Caza08, I am also triple negative but to the bones and liver (just recently to the liver), I was E+ and my new diagnosis is triple negative because of mutation. I belong to a Facebook group called Triple Negative Breast Cancer Australian Sisters. There are ladies in that closed and private Facebook group who also have mets to the lungs who are very supportive and who can share their experiences. If you do a search onto that group and ask to join I will approve it. Once joined I will link you with one lady in particular who is lung mets and who is a very helpful lady who is on a trial drug and she can help you with some info.
    talk soon  Liz
  • caza08
    caza08 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks so much Liz. It's hard to find groups that fit exact diagnosis. I appreciate your support so much and hope I can support you also.
    Caz 
  • caza08
    caza08 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    I have requested to join group Liz, name is Carol Stirling , thankyou so much !
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Wishing you all the best with treatment. Pleased you are able to find a group.
    Take care