Underwire Free Bra's

2»

Comments

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    I had a left mastectomy with immediate silicone implant so not comfortable wearing my underwire bras. I actually took the wire out of the left side. I don't wear them often but if I'm going out and want a bit of a boost on my right side (new breast is a bit premier) then I can get by for a night.  Definitely going for comfort on a daily basis though!! Jane xx

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Ooh, predictive text strikes again!! I meant my new breast is a bit perkier! Definitely not premier haha

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Thanks for the info @Mima. I totally agree with the ease of getting crop top bras on and off - I wear a crop top as a sleep bra now so that all of the sensational work that my surgeon did in giving me my implant stays supported. :)

@RNSW, Rita, I did so love my underwires but  was told not to wear them with my implant cause it's believed they can cause encapsulation :( so away they went and I suppose because they were the only type of bra I wore I never thought of them comfort wise and actually found the transition to wire-free a bit more constricting. Funny isn't it how you can get used to one thing. 

@Hopes and Dreams, just got to say you smarty pants - didn't even enter my mind to take out the underwire!!! DOH!!! Oh well - you know what I did think - oooohhh a new reason to go shopping :-) he he.   And I do like the idea of having a premier breast! I think our implants definitely fall into that category as well as perkier ;) . Xx

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    @Socoda, we've had a similar journey with our treatment - I'm also wearing a crop top bra to sleep.  Otherwise my implant feels "heavy" when I'm on my side. Plus I worry about scratching myself since I'm numb! Yes you are right, we do have award winning, world beating, premier breasts!!!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    A tip I found with crop tops is to step into them and pull them upwards instead of over your head. I cannot believe how much easier that is.
  • Mima
    Mima Member Posts: 38
    @primek
    not with the size of my stomach and hips
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    @Mima My hips were 130cm ....and surprisingly they stretched over it. Lol
  • socoda
    Right thats it Kath - guess what I'm going to be trying tonight!! Thanks for the heads up!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    That sounds funny , stepping into a bra. :p Ever since surgeries I sleep wearing a crop top. It's like a security blanket 
  • Alpal
    Alpal Member Posts: 196
    edited February 2017
    There is also a lovely range of wire free bras designed by an Aussie lady who has had breast cancer and couldn't find any nice bras so has made her own range - check out www.redfernlingerie.com.au 
  • socoda
    Alison @Alpal, how lovely are those bras!! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Xx Cath