Chemotherapy and Hashimoto's Disease - Autoimmune Thyroiditis

Options
2»

Comments

• HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    Options
    Hello  I was diagnosed with hashimotos just after treatment too? No family history, and I don't think I had it previously. Spose you never know.  Unlike you I lost over 20kgs during chemo, and was still losing when was diagnosed and kept losing for the next year (even though I was so hungry and ate so much!!)  - until I finished hercepton - since then I have stacked the weight back on + extra and still going.  Unfortunately I have just my 3rd yr checks (all good luckily) and but I am still suffering many of the above symptoms - could be chemo side effects - and have been told they are prob permanent.  My thyroid levels came down but my T3 is now up - and they say they don't know why?  (Gotta find a better GP)  The last 6 weeks of chemo I was so tired and so cold, improved a lot during radio, then had the bloodtest, which seemingly my levels were so bad the doc rang me the next morning to come straight back down - so I shudder to think what they were when I actually had more symptoms.  So I hope yours settles quickly, I just wonder if it could be another chemo side effect and anyone else out there who doesn't seem to of improved even with the tablets.
    Pam
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    @HIT Sounds like you need a referral to an endocrinologist 
  • HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    Options
    Been there, but maybe should get another referral.  Feel been put into the too hard basket.