Get connected day!

Options
Di_BCNA
Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
edited July 2011 in Day to day

Hi all!

We've had a lot of new members join the last few weeks, so it seems a good time for a "Get Connected Day post" .  :)

So, for everyone who's new, and those who haven't posted yet, here's your chance to introduce yourself by leaving a comment here, or by making a post in your own blog. 

As always, the purpose of the Get Connected post is to provide a place where you can widen your connections, so everyone is welcome.

Don't be nervous about giving it a go if you've never posted before -- you can't really break anything, and you might make a whole bunch of new friends. :)

What to do...

Comment to this post (use the comment form at the bottom of the page) with a short note about yourself and who you're looking to connect to.  Easy!

If you'd rather make a post in your own blog, then just go to the 'blog' section of your profile, click on 'create a post' and type in the fields. To see everyone else's posts, go to the Network homepage, click on the Latest posts tab and scroll down (or you can bookmark this link: http://www.bcna.org.au/node/all/blog/network).

If you see someone with experience similar to yours, who you'd like to connect to, then just click their username (in their post) and you will end up on their profile page.  Then all you need to do is look on the left side of the page under their picture and you'll see an "add contact" link and follow the prompts.

Why connect to others?

One of the good things about connecting to others, is that all of their blog posts will show up on your homepage in a reading list.  So if you haven't visited the site in a few days, you'll still see what everyone is up to!

*Important note!*

Remember to check your own privacy settings on your "edit" page. There's no need to reveal anything personal or private, but if you want others to connect to you, you should make some of your My Profile settings "public" so others can see them and find out a bit about you (eg. 'my story', 'about' me' and 'breast cancer experience'). 

If you're not sure what to do, you might like to read this post on how to change your privacy settings

Have fun!

Di

(if you want to go back and browse the old 'get connected posts' to find out a bit more about our members, just click on the 'get connected' tag).