Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

dx'd with innumerable liver mets this month.

Options
2»

Comments

• sunandsaltwater
    sunandsaltwater Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Polly, Wendy55 and all on this topic of liver mets. I'm so inspired by you all today! I'm in the same boat, and have been taking palbociclib in preference to chemo for 13 months. it's great, only cost me $130,000 altogether.
    And now it's finally available in Australia - but not yet on the PBS - Pfizer is giving it to me for free from now on.

The main reason I'm finding your stories inspiring today is because since my 'terminal' diagnosis in December 2014, I've been expecting to live only 'a few months' more. (quoting my oncologist in Jan.2015) But I'm discovering from this forum and from forums in the USA that nowadays, secondary breast cancer can be managed for much longer than previously.

And I should warn that although I'm loving having palbociclib instead of chemo, there is no evidence that palbociclib actually extends life. But it might.. It successfully avoids the side effects that come with chemo, while shrinking the tumours, and has been worth every penny for me. I think I'll have to switch to chemo within the next month, as the cancer has just started to break out again, but it's great to know there is still a variety of treatments to try and hopefully, a long way for us all still to go!
    Best wishes