Help sleeping/coping techniques

Options
2»

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    I forgot to say that some people suggest you count sheep.  I always smile at this and I know it does work for people however it always reminds me of going to school camp on the bus and we would sing the song 10 green bottles hanging on the wall.
    Honestly I am showing my age I know but it makes me smile.  Perhaps that's what you need when you head to sleep something from your day or your life in general that makes you smile.  I love the comment that Scorpion queen said in her post, "A teacher called cancer" - she looks like Uncle Fester!  That makes me think of the Addams Family and Cousin It - it is about getting your mind in a happy place and sleep will wash over you.  We are all here to support.  Take care from Christine xx
  • Jodie123
    Jodie123 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks Christine.can certainly relate to your post.  It certainly has been a roller coaster of emotions. Sleep is getting better. But not there yet. I'm sure I will though. It has only been a matter of weeks since life was completely turned upside down, Like yourself I was completely together prior to surgery. Knew what I had to do and was keen to get on with it. After the mastectomy, the reality of it all hit me like a tonne of bricks and I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment. I don't think I was at prepared for the emotional kick this gives you.  it's only early days, and I am lucky to have an incredibly family. Trying not to beat myself up but sometime easier said than done. Thanks for your support. Best of luck for your recovery. Jodiexx