Any Wollongong people

Options
Lynda
Lynda Member Posts: 14
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hello all.  I am trying to set up a group for people from the Wollongong region, so they can get in touch with local people maybe going through the same experience as they are.  So, looking for people newly diagnosed breast cancer, currently on treatment,  or with secondary breast cancer.  I want you to get in touch with one another, so you can have a local contact, be that for contacted online, maybe the phone or maybe in person.

Have a look at the group page Wollongong Region Breast Cancer Group, and join in!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Anne Maree
    Anne Maree Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynda. Attended a meeting at St George Hospital recently and they are holding a Meet and Greet forum for Women Living with Advanced Breast Cancer on 7th July from 1pm-5pm. Topics include; current treatments, complimentary treatments, symptom control, psychosocial issues and panel discussion.RSVP to Rosemary Hannan. Phone 02 9113 2533.

Also good website to view if diagnosed with Advanced Breast Cancer is www.advancedbreastcancergroup.org .It is based in Brisbane.  You cannot join this group but it gives insight into somethings you cannot get on other sites.

• Anne Maree
    Anne Maree Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynda. Attended a meeting at St George Hospital recently and they are holding a Meet and Greet forum for Women Living with Advanced Breast Cancer on 7th July from 1pm-5pm. Topics include; current treatments, complimentary treatments, symptom control, psychosocial issues and panel discussion.RSVP to Rosemary Hannan. Phone 02 9113 2533.

Also good website to view if diagnosed with Advanced Breast Cancer is www.advancedbreastcancergroup.org .It is based in Brisbane.  You cannot join this group but it gives insight into somethings you cannot get on other sites.

• Lynda
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne Marie,  Thanks for that. I did get some info about the meeting on the 7th July just the other day.  Are you a health care worker yourself ? - you sound like it!!.  Thanks for the address for the advanced cancer group.  I haven't seen or heard of it before.

• Lynda
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne Marie,  Thanks for that. I did get some info about the meeting on the 7th July just the other day.  Are you a health care worker yourself ? - you sound like it!!.  Thanks for the address for the advanced cancer group.  I haven't seen or heard of it before.

• Lynda
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Julieam
    Julieam Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi I am very interested in joining a group or talking to others. I was diagnosed 1 December 2013, had surgery and have just finished 12 weeks chemo, I start radiation this week for 6 weeks, I'm also her2 positive so I have to have herceptin for 12 months. Family and friends have been great but its hard to talk to them about how I'm really feeling.

• Lynda
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julieam,

Thanks for the message.

There are a few members of this group, and a starting point might be getting on touch with someone here, if you like.

Depending upon you age, there are some groups around the Illawarra area that you might be interested in. 

I'll make an assumption here, and guess that you are in your early 40's.  If so, there is a group of women who meet informally for dinners out.

Let me know if you'd like more information.

Otherwise, if you wanted to give me a little more information about yourself - age, background, location etc, I should be able to link you up with someone.

Regards,

Lynda