Hello all

Options
2»

Comments

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited March 2016
    Options

It must be a relief to have made the decision. Good luck with it all. Karen xox

• donnafischer
    donnafischer Dragonfly Posts: 144
    edited March 2016
    Options

The cap is called a cold cap. There should be some info on it in your book, or someone on here should be able to tell you about it. I'm facing chemo, but I'm not too worried about my hair (she says now, lol but wait till it happens) I'm 50, i have a lot of grey and I'm looking at it as a way to start my hair all over again. And i have to admit, I'm a tad curious as to how grey it is .... sooo many years, sooooo many colours.

I've also got my transitional hair cut party planned with my girlfriends and my daughter. Then we'll play with scarves and hats and be absolutely fabulous :)

We all work out our journey in our own way. You'll find what works best for you xxx

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited March 2016
    Options

:)

• Ann-Marie
    edited March 2016
    Options

:)

• CHARLIES ANGEL
    CHARLIES ANGEL Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2016
    Options

Good luck xx ?? 

• Ann-Marie
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi Charlies Angel

Welcome to the Online Network x

• annebirdy
    annebirdy Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi, I'm doing cold capping at the moment. I hate the cold and didn't think I'd be able to stand it but it has been fine. I'm doing weekly taxol for 12 weeks and I put the cold cap on about 30 mins before, then an hour afterwards. So all up am wearing it for 2.5 hours. I've done 8 treatments and have all my hair still. I know its working cause I've lost hair in other places but my head is all good.

It does take a bit of getting used to. I was given an anxiety tablet and panadol beforehand - for the first few times. It looks like you are wearing a rugby cap (strap under your chin) and it can feel a little tight. Then they cool it down (rushing cold water through the cap) and for the first 10 mins or so, it feels like you are going to get a cold headache...but I find from about the 15 minute mark, its all good and then I really don't notice it for the rest of the time. I've been surprised that it hasn't been as bad as I expected. I definitely think it is worth giving it a go....and if you don't like it, then you just stop using it. 

I don't take the anxiety medication now but I do take a couple of panadols beforehand.

Anne

• Twilightgirl
    Twilightgirl Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks annebirdy for tbat information I am going to try that for sure. But I have to have op first and not sure how long after op they do that but proberly can find out Friday as that is when I go see them to talk about the chemo.

• CHARLIES ANGEL
    CHARLIES ANGEL Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks Anne-Marie.  Sorry for not replying sooner. Im not full bottle on how things work here yet.  Im still in la la land lol.  I know things will settle down.... hugs to you and all on the various stages of the journey xx