Melanie

Melanie Sanchez
Melanie Sanchez Member Posts: 7
edited November 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi, my name is Melanie and I was diagnosed with BC on 20th Oct and still trying to get my head around it. Had my second chemo last week and been feeling very ordinary since. Does anyone know if there is a group that meets up in the lower north shore that does yoga or mediation? Any recommendations would be amazing. Thank you :)

Comments

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,269
    edited November 2015

Hi Melanie. I was diagnosed back in May, and I'm still trying to get my head around it, lol. It still feels like it's all happening to someone else, on some level. 

Can't any advice on yoga or meditation as I'm not in Sydney. Hope you find something.

Take care, Lyn

• Kazzi
    Kazzi Member Posts: 263
    edited November 2015

Hi Melanie,

I started yoga during my chemo at Chris O'Brien Life House, rpa. I know it's not lower north shore, Maybe local hospital has yoga? I found it a great way to meet other like minded women also going through cancer treatment. (we would have lunch together afterwards) I found you tube clips for meditation.

All the best for your treatment.  I found it really helped during treatment, and still do it now that I've finished. I was diagnosed back in April, 3 surgeries, chemo and radiotherapy.

Take care,

Karen xx

• jaycia02
    jaycia02 Member Posts: 64
    edited December 2015

Have a look on www.meetup.com

I'm nowhere near Sydney so just put in 20km radius of Mosman just to get it to search and there were quite a few to choose from - the men's naked yoga was a little more than I was expecting. Hopefully you find a group that is the right fit.

Jen

• Melanie Sanchez
    edited December 2015

Thank you for your lovely reply  Lyn, I agree I think I will forever be thinking it's all happening to someone else!

Best wishes and take care x

• Melanie Sanchez
    edited December 2015

Hi Karen

Thank you for your lovely reply, I will look into the local hospitals. You must be so relived all your treatments are finished...I can't wait.

Thanks sgsin

Melanie x

• Melanie Sanchez
    edited December 2015

Thank you Jen, will check it out! Ewww to men's naked yoga, kinda funny though. 

Best wishes

Melanie x