Message from Raelene Boyle

Options
Kirsten_BCNA
Kirsten_BCNA Staff Posts: 57
edited May 2011 in Community news and events

As you will have seen on the website, we are well underway with planning a 60th Birthday party for our national living treasure and all round BCNA champion Raelene Boyle. 

This year not only will Raelene celebrate her 60th birthday she will also celebrate 15 years of survival.  So why not celebrate!  We are so pleased that Raelene has lent her name to another big fundraising event for BCNA. 

To find out more about the event go to : http://www.bcna.org.au/events/key-fundraising-events/raelene-boyles-60th

Raelene has been in the office with me today pulling the party together but she wanted to know how she could get a message to our online network WITHOUT turning on a computer!  She is still resisting emails!!!!

So we grabbed a video and here is a message from her to you all: http://www.bcna.org.au/galleries/message-raelene-boyle

Cheers KP

Comments

• -Samantha-
    -Samantha- Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Kirsten!

Tanya and I were wondering, seeing most of us "away teams" aren't able to get there for Raelene's big bash, can there be a little  sumpin' sumpin' for her at the Summit perhaps?

Just a thought. Hope ur feeling well and taking it easy peasy japanesey!

Sam :-)

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great idea Sam! I'm not sure if Kirsten has seen your comment but I will let her know and make sure it is discussed at the next Summit Committee meeting.

• -Samantha-
    edited March 2015
    Options

Shhhhh, Raelene might be reading this!

Bahahaha! Cos we KNOW how much that is likely.

Sam :-)

• srichard
    srichard Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options

We first knew of  Raelene Boyle's fight with bc  when my wife and I crossed paths at Victoria gardens in Prahran. I remember she gave a smile when my wife wearing surgical stockings walked slowly soon after going through a full bilateral radical operation for ovarian cancer. It was odd but after some years we learned that Raelene was fighting ovarain cancer and my wife bc. As it wasn't enough some years later my wife had two more recurrances the last was leaving her for dead as the onc told her she would die a very painful death with one of the worst bone cancers. 

then again Thanks to her amazing resolve, prayers and excellent surgeon my wife once again is still alive after her fourth encounter with cancer. Raelene if you read this you may recall this episode on a sprig day at the gardens.

good lucjk at you birthday bash party and fund rising activities. Who knows we may cross paths again for the better. 

• -Samantha-
    edited March 2015
    Options

Firstly can I just say you girls at BCNA are amazing! I'm so disappointed I couldnt go and just watching the 4 minute video makes me soooooo jealous!

BUT...on the upside it DOES give me lots of good ideas for MY 60th!!

It just looked fantastic, great job girls and guys involved, I bet they'll still betalking about it at her 70th!

Love Sam x

• -Samantha-
    edited March 2015
    Options

Firstly can I just say you girls at BCNA are amazing! I'm so disappointed I couldnt go and just watching the 4 minute video makes me soooooo jealous!

BUT...on the upside it DOES give me lots of good ideas for MY 60th!!

It just looked fantastic, great job girls and guys involved, I bet they'll still betalking about it at her 70th!

Love Sam x