Indigestion and reflux

Options
Jurry
Jurry Member Posts: 36
edited August 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi 

I had my 2nd dose AC a week ago and over the weekend was hit with indigestion and reflux. Have others had this, what worked for you?

Jodie

Comments

• NB
    NB Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Jodie,

sorry to hear you're suffering with reflux, I also did after my second chemo treatment and was surprised how painful it was, I was struggling to swallow water.  Apparently this is a common side effect as the chemo attacks all fast growing cells (because that's what cancer cells are) which particularly applies to the digestive tract, chemo doesn't distinguish.  Nexium was prescribed by my oncologist and resolved all symptoms.  I stayed on it for the course of chemo.  Call your oncologist and see if they can give you a prescription for this or an alternative.

Hope you feel better soon.

NB

• Andij
    Andij Member Posts: 115
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Jodie

sure did, but after the first chemo that happened to me. Nexium did the trick and will stay on it now until all finished. Hope you get relief soon cos it is nasty!

• maryroset1
    maryroset1 Member Posts: 240
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi jodie. I had bad heartburn. I too was on nexium for duration of chemo. Ditto to previous posts. Make sure you speak to your oncologist.

Maryrose 

• scotty
    scotty Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Jodie,yes I got indigestion and even water came back up. I put bicarb of soda in half a cup water and that helped me and it's natural if it doesn't help it won't harm xx

• scotty
    scotty Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Jodie, Christine again (Scotty) I forgot to tell you half a teaspoon of bicarb in half a cup of water xx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi Jodie, it sound really wired, but I found that a boiled egg made me feel better. Also, sips of water helped heaps. Hope that this helps, Trace ??????

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi Jodie, I also went back on to Nexium, after having been off it for some time. Worked a treat. The other thing I did find that worked really well was sipping on some old fashioned ENO.

hope you get on top of it, Lyn