The jigsaw puzzle

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
edited July 2015 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Everyone,  this week I have been dealing with a post chemo rash that frightened the living Harry out of me. It started suddenly looking like measles across my chest and back. I would not describe this rash as itchy, more like the feeling of sunburn. After taking antihistamines, oiling myself up with moo goo ( that's an udder story ha ha ) and sleeping on the couch so I dont disturb my husband ( he had to get up early to drive the school bus ) the rash is now subsiding and I am feeling heaps better. During my insomnia, I've been reading everyone's posts for this week, and I came to a conclusion. When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, my life was very organised like a jigsaw puzzle with a place for everything. When I got my diagnosis, it was like someone had walked over to my jigsaw puzzle and thrown it in pieces on the floor. I was placed in the situation where I had to put my life jigsaw back together, except there were bits missing, and it didn't quite look the same. I wasn't sad about it, just challenged, thinking How do I put this back together again, as it impacted more people than just me. Then it occurred to me that I had to start a new puzzle, a different one that fitted my new normal. Then the next revelation occurred to me that my in my new puzzle I get to choose how it looks, what needs to stay and what needs to go.  So now I am working on my new puzzle, I am taking my time, thinking about my second chance at life, and making it look the way I want it. It will always have a rainbow, colour and love and that is the main priorities for me now. I would be interested to hear how you are all feeling, as I have found this experience remarkable. Big cuddles to you all, Tracey B ??????

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey that is a positive way to look at things. I struggle some days putting the puzzle back together, bit you are right we have to keep moving forward because we are here and life is good. Hope the rash dosen't get any worse. Lovely picture of you what is on your hands?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks Rowdy, I agree, sometimes it's hard to put puzzle pieces in. That Photo  was from my last chemo day. I decided that the ice gloves needed decorating, so I made glove covers with sequins and sparkles as a celebration. Also, wore my sequinned jiffies for my last treatment. Got up to go to the toilet, and I left a trail of purple sparkles behind me down the hallway. Also, one of the sequins got stuck to the floor, just a little present for the cleaners lol. As long as we can laugh, it's goos, Trace ????